Princess Changes

ssbeagle

IMHO there has been an enormous decrease in quality of food on Princess. While I would like to continue to cruise with this line, (love the ships and customer service) the food has finally turned me off. I would far rather pay a bit more and enjoy my meals. This is no longer anywhere near an even mid range cruise experience in my mind. It has changed so much. I am about to try Oceania as the reviews are outstanding regarding food, service and ships. Will see what happens but I am done with Princess.

We are taking our first cruise, and I am not liking what I'm hearing here.

I thought that taking a cruise was about relaxing and enjoying fantastic fine food? Quality, not quantity is what interests me.

We don't expect quality at the MDR anymore, I don't order beef, rather chicken or fish...we pay extra at the specialty restaurants if we want excellent dining, or the balcony dining...the Chef's dinner is very nice, but it is extra.

I think you will enjoy the cruise atmosphere. Although I think quality of food has declined I still enjoy the food and the excitement of cruising. I just pay more.

wow...really...the food is that bad. Picky, picky, picky...your on a cruise for God's sake. I love the food and I am blessed to even be able to afford to go in this economy...no complaints from me.

Reminds me of the people that say the food was so bad in the MDR they ordered second helpings. Or the treats at the International Cafe look better than they tasted, but went back every day. Pizza is nasty, burgers were great. Hated the burgers, loved the pizza. Sabatini's was average, great, superb, yummy, yucky, greasy, dry, slow service, best service, never again. Same for Crown Grill, just used different adjectives.

As bad as the food seems to be on Princess, there sure are a lot of folks who talk down other cruise lines when it comes to defending their 'favorite'. :cool:

They have to keep coming back for some reason. Must be the wonderful entertainment. :rolleyes: (that's a whole 'nother thread)

Archived