All inclusive beach? something different?

lrtjs5

Are there any all inclusive beach resorts that offer day passes?? sailing on Carnival Liberty in February. This will be our 4th trip to Grand Cayman and we have done the turtle, hell, sting rays, and rum point.....need something different.

No need to pay a hotel to go to the beach! They are all public and there are restrooms, rentals (watersport and chair/umbrella) up and down the beach. Also, food/drink is never too far away! There is a bus that will take you...$2.50 pp.

Sorry, there are no all inclusives in Cayman.

There are popular beach clubs such as Royal Palms or Tiki Beach with facilities for the day visitor. You might want to check those out.

Hi Drew, hoping you can help me..I visit Cayman every year via cruise shipand used to spend the day at GC Beach Suites, but they no longer offer the day pass. Question, have you been to Royal Palms lately and seen the beach cabanas they have there? I am thinking of renting one for Feb. but not sure if they're worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. Trying to get away from the crowding a bit...

Hi Drew, hoping you can help me..I visit Cayman every year via cruise shipand used to spend the day at GC Beach Suites, but they no longer offer the day pass. Question, have you been to Royal Palms lately and seen the beach cabanas they have there? I am thinking of renting one for Feb. but not sure if they're worth it. Any advice would be appreciated. Trying to get away from the crowding a bit...

Alas, when I go to the beach I simply step out my back door. :D

I don't often go to Royal Palms but I know it is a favorite stop for many Cruise Critic Members. I'm sure someone can offer better advice on their cabanas.

Alas, when I go to the beach I simply step out my back door. :D

I don't often go to Royal Palms but I know it is a favorite stop for many Cruise Critic Members. I'm sure someone can offer better advice on their cabanas.

Thanks! You're so lucky, GC is my favorite place on earth! If I had the $$, I'd be living there! Take care, looked like a beautiful day today.

We have been to Royal Palms 2 times. The first time we were walk ins and had a hard time finding a shady spot that was comfortable, with four seats together and that let us see our kids in the water.

The second time, in March 2012, we rented a beach cabana with our 11 and 14 year old kids. It was worth it. If you are going to go to Royal Palms, you will be fighting for a seat and if you are in a group, it's sort of a hassle to get seats all together. With the cabana, you get a table, 4 chairs and 2 loungers. Waiters come to your cabana for drinks and lunch orders, so you don't have to go up on the terrace to eat. We really enjoyed the cabana and are going back again this spring and renting a beach cabana.

By the way, the pool cabanas are nice, but kids can't go in the pool and you can't see the beach from the pool, so the pool cabanas are not a good option for families with kids.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/beach-cabana

• 2 weeks later...
We have been to Royal Palms 2 times. The first time we were walk ins and had a hard time finding a shady spot that was comfortable, with four seats together and that let us see our kids in the water.

The second time, in March 2012, we rented a beach cabana with our 11 and 14 year old kids. It was worth it. If you are going to go to Royal Palms, you will be fighting for a seat and if you are in a group, it's sort of a hassle to get seats all together. With the cabana, you get a table, 4 chairs and 2 loungers. Waiters come to your cabana for drinks and lunch orders, so you don't have to go up on the terrace to eat. We really enjoyed the cabana and are going back again this spring and renting a beach cabana.

By the way, the pool cabanas are nice, but kids can't go in the pool and you can't see the beach from the pool, so the pool cabanas are not a good option for families with kids.

http://royalpalmscayman.com/beach-cabana

thanks for info. I have a beach cabana rented for later this month and was contemplating cancelling it. I think I will keep it. Is the cabana pretty close to the water? Also, did you just generally feel that you had more space/privacy? Thanks again..

thanks for info. I have a beach cabana rented for later this month and was contemplating cancelling it. I think I will keep it. Is the cabana pretty close to the water? Also, did you just generally feel that you had more space/privacy? Thanks again..

We were there in Dec. You'll be fine with your cabana. Yes, it is beach-side and close to the water; just set back enough so the tides are not a factor.

Its a white cloth type canopy providing shade for a table w/4 chairs. Comes w/2 loungers, too. We were pulling our chairs back to take advantage of the limited shade from the cabana and treeline. They said it was okay unless someone rented the cabana and we'd have to move.

Although we didn't rent a cabana, it'd be totally worth it for those desiring chairs and shade for a small group or family.

I didn't see any replies to the Royal Palms or Tiki. Is Tiki on 7 mile beach? Also, several years ago, we took a bus to the Westin, walked thru the lobby and was able to use the chairs at the beach at no charge. I guess that's a thing of the past from what I am reading, although all the beaches are public? We bought drinks & food from the Westin while there so it's not as if we were totally trying to take advantage.

I didn't see any replies to the Royal Palms or Tiki. Is Tiki on 7 mile beach? Also, several years ago, we took a bus to the Westin, walked thru the lobby and was able to use the chairs at the beach at no charge. I guess that's a thing of the past from what I am reading, although all the beaches are public? We bought drinks & food from the Westin while there so it's not as if we were totally trying to take advantage.

You can book the Westin through grandcaymanforaday and get a room for up to 4 people, includes chairs, towels, use of pools/hot-tubs, and access to Seven Mile beach. Food/drinks cost extra.

Yes, Tiki Beach is one part of Seven Mile Beach.

You may not use the chairs of a hotel, condo, or private residence just because they are sitting on the beach. You must be a guest/resident of the appropriate location. When in doubt, ask permission.

The beach is public from the edge of the water to the mean high water mark. The term mean is referring to the average height of high tide on an average day. Cayman has relatively small tides, less than 5 feet from the highest high tide to the lowest low tide of the year. Average is more like 18 inches above mean sea level. And the beaches are steep.

This means the public portion of the beach is maybe six feet wide right down at the edge of the water. A good rule of thumb is the portion of sand that is wet and compacted by the waves is public. Any higher up the beach and you are probably on someone's private property.

Archived