Coffee???

We are cruising for the first time and will be on NOS. We are wondering about the coffee. Where can you find a good cupa joe??? We like french roast style. Any thoughts, thank you. :confused:

Coffee on RCCL is not that good. You can purchase Starbucks, if you care for that coffee, but here's a scoop...Go to Amazon, search for "french press." Then put in Aroww Press. It's about $30 It's an awesome one cup coffee maker. My husband now uses it daily here. Just order hot water, bring your own coffee, either ground or K-cups, and you're golden!

I've always found the coffee in the dining room to be much better than in the buffet....and room service coffee wasn't too bad. I don't know why it's not the same shipwide, but it's not. And, you can always pay for a specialty coffee, if you really want to.

For 1 week, I'll make do with the stuff they serve!

Thanks for the responses, a couple of good ways to go. I could go for a week on "budget brand" but why? Cheers! ;)

Glad to help! I have to have my coffee and it has to be strong:rolleyes:

Starbucks via French roast is pretty good for instant.

42 days at sea... Minimum 84 cups of coffee... ~maybe~ 5 "good" cups so far :(. I've had everything from coffee that was so weak it was like it had the water run through it 3-4 times but majority of the time it's so strong the spoon stands up in it and you can't change the color no matter how many creamers, shots of milk, nondairy what not you put in it :( I'm not a Starbucks drinker on land - i prefer my Timmies :). I bought the bodum French press travel mug and tried that one trip but was too much clean up so this time I'm going to try using the loose leaf disposable tea bags and buy my own coffee to put in instead. (Can't drink Seattles Worst when there's fresh Kona coffee @ my fingertips)

Sent from my Speak & Spell using Tapatalk

I saw no flavored creamers at any of the free venues on LOS. Not sure if Starbucks offers it. I found it hard to live without my favorite flavored creamer. ;)

Not sure if it is offered in French roast, but I have used single serve coffee bags (just like a tea bag) with great success if I am without my own coffee maker. I can find them in my local grocery store.

Coffee on RCCL is not that good. You can purchase Starbucks, if you care for that coffee, but here's a scoop...Go to Amazon, search for "french press." Then put in Aroww Press. It's about $30 It's an awesome one cup coffee maker. My husband now uses it daily here. Just order hot water, bring your own coffee, either ground or K-cups, and you're golden!

Do you mean AeroPress? I have one, and it toally rocks. If I needed to make my own coffee on board, I would totally bring one of these over a traditional French press- not only is the coffee arguably better, the clean up is SO easy.

(with no easy cleaning locations here at work, the AeroPress's cleaning capability sold it on me, but the coffee quality- wow.)

I posted about the coffee quality on board on the last thread- we've had good, bad, very good, very bad, etc- even on the same cruise. The Cafe Latte at Seattle's Best is quite good, if you are ok paying for it.

OTOH- if you find a sample of local coffee, ground- they won't stop you from bringing it on board. So having your own coffee maker will be totally awesome then.

Do you mean AeroPress? I have one, and it toally rocks. If I needed to make my own coffee on board, I would totally bring one of these over a traditional French press- not only is the coffee arguably better, the clean up is SO easy.

(with no easy cleaning locations here at work, the AeroPress's cleaning capability sold it on me, but the coffee quality- wow.)

I posted about the coffee quality on board on the last thread- we've had good, bad, very good, very bad, etc- even on the same cruise. The Cafe Latte at Seattle's Best is quite good, if you are ok paying for it.

OTOH- if you find a sample of local coffee, ground- they won't stop you from bringing it on board. So having your own coffee maker will be totally awesome then.

Yes, I spelled it wrong sorry, but it is great little thing. So easy to use.

Am curious to know how to use K-cup with the Aero press. Sorry - probably a newbie question, but I am, alas, a newbie.

Am curious to know how to use K-cup with the Aero press. Sorry - probably a newbie question, but I am, alas, a newbie.

Not sure how, although I bet it is about dumping the contents into the press.

But how I do it- with the out pointed up- add coffee (and everyone has their amount), add a little water, stir, fill up to about 1/4" full, cap with filter. When ready, turn over- press into cup.

Still, coffee is very dependent on taste- if you are worried about it on board, don't hesitate to bring a simple maker. Hot water is very available. And there is real hot milk (not steamed, AFAIK) in the Windjammer.

Guest maddycat
Can you get actual milk? This 'creamer' substance sounds rather dubious. A s can you get steamed milk?

Yes. There are pitchers of skim and regular milk in the Windjammer and Promenade Cafe. I'm sure that you can ask for it in the MDR.

Can you get actual milk? This 'creamer' substance sounds rather dubious. A s can you get steamed milk?
Windjammer has small [8oz?] sealed cartons of both skim and whole milk on the buffet. Refrigerators in the rooms don't run very cold, but should keep a carton from spoiling for a day or so. Not sure how you would steam your own, but if you want milk in the room for coffee that you make there, a carton is certainly easier than a glass full to carry back to the room.

Thom

Archived