Newbe Platinum Member

Kathiebrown

Expect priority boarding, free internet minutes, watered down drinks at the Captain's Circle party, daily nosh and no-longer-cheap drinks in the Elite/Platinum lounge, and a grey Sea Witch logo on your cabin ID tag.

When you arrive for embarkation either go to the front of the line or see a princess employee hovering around the line to get in to the terminal. Show your boarding pass and they will direct you to the correct waiting area.

The free internet minutes are a great perk if you want any online time.

We have enjoyed the pre-dinner cocktail party as a nice way to meet people. Although it varies by sailing, there have only been 15 to 25 people at the cocktail parties on the cruises I have been on. The hors d'oeuvres were nice and were different each evening.

Priority boarding (sometimes nice, but sometimes the "regular" lines are shorter!) :eek:

Internet Credit (very nice perk, but the ship's internet is often slow)

Invitation to the Platinum/Elite/Suite evening lounge (the appetizers are delicious and different each night; we got a schedule of what they were serving; guacamole was especially good)

Debarkation lounge (more relaxed and has refreshments)

Some people don't seem to think these are good benefits, but I enjoy them; hope you do too. :)

THANKS Kathiebrown for starting this thread! My first Platinum experience will be on the new Royal Princess in December and it will be interesting to see how much better the embarkation process is compared to the chaos and disorganization that ruled at Terminal 2 a few weeks ago. I'll definitely use the free internet minutes providing Princess Cruises doesn't eliminate this perk prior to my cruise. And since I'm not a socialite or drinker those perks are not very important to me personally. Nice to finally get some freebees other than that blue tote bag I found in my room. My neighbor seems to like so I'll probably just give it to her. ;)

The lounge in the evening with other Plats/Elites is really nice. There is always a good appetizer featured, and there are other things available, too. I find we make friends in that lounge, meeting the same people every night. The special lounge where you wait to have your number called getting off the ship is a terrific perk.

You'll be pleased, I'm sure. We turned Platinum in the midst of a cruise (based on days not cruise numbers) and I was frustrated that I had to wait until the next cruise to take advantage of all the perks. Now I love it.

Archived