Theme nights on Solstice

As the Celebrity Solstice has done some cruises in Aust/NZ since arriving, I was wondering if there are "Theme nights" (ie Island, Western), and if so, how is the participation by passengers? (nothing worse than being all 'themed up' and hardly anyone else is!!)

Also, how FORMAL do guests dress for formal nights? I am guessing not quite as formal as on QE, which we travelled on last year.

We love formal nights!!:):)

Celebrity don't really 'do' theme nights. I havent done a 2 week cruise on Solstice (few weeks to go for that) but I did 3 weeks on Century last year.They did have an Island Night when the ship was in tahiti but its nothing like a P&O style island night. There was a party on the deck but the passengers didnt dress up and I dont remember being encouraged to do so. Only the entertainment staff did.likewise with the 70s night in the night club, only the staff did . So unless Solstice is very different, I wouldnt bother with the coconut bras and grass skirts but as for formal, yes yes yes! Dress up to the max and enjoy it! They will have 2-3 formal nights and some if the passengers really go all out.

I love theme nights. I hope there will be theme nights on my Solstice criuse in March.

I don't next week - I cannot stand them. But to each his/her own.

Our previous Celebrity cruise in South America did not have theme nights and it did not even cross my mind that they might have them.

I love theme nights. I hope there will be theme nights on my Solstice criuse in March.

Solstice ( indeed Celebrity) is not a P&O cruise...or even a Carnival.

It is a different demographic (hope your not expecting a P&O fun ship party party party alcohol fulled like experience as you won't be getting one).

It doesn't do tacky dress up parties with coconut bras and debauchery when its generally demographics is 35+ plus...not 18-30. :D

It's nightlife is generally more subdued although not as comatose as a say HAL cruise ship.

No; no theme nights on Solstice. This is a 5.5* ship ;)

However the staff get in to the 'groove' for many other things ... martini making, dancing with passengers, surprise flash dancing, celebrating in the main dining room.

Your cruise is what you make it. Join in and enjoy! :)

I don't mind if there are or are not theme nights. The only ones we have participated in have been not tacky at all - 50's night & western night & island night on Dawn Princess where most dressed up in a 'nice' way, and the Roaring 20's night on the Queen Elizabeth last year was very elegant. Thank you everyone for your input.

Thank God, no 'theme nights.' Who wants Island nights, Country & Western Nights, Halloween nights, I have been through them, some class, please.

And as for formal nights on Celebrity Solstice, it will be dark grey suit for me, my Tuxedo 'shrunk' on Arcadia during the 49 days from Sydney to Southampton in March/April last year. LOL. I gave it to the Oxfam Shop in Woodhall Spa, Lincolnshire, some old pom geezer is probably wearing it now, good luck to him. Now did I leave any dollars or pounds in the pockets?

Is this correct? I had no idea! We were planning on a HAL cruise maybe next year, and even though we are in our 60s, we like a bit of nightlife!

Look I suppose it may be different depending on dstination but HAL does tend to attract a lot more of those with zimmer frames and wheel chairs and night life does have a tendency of ending at 10pm.

But personally, and I'm only in my 40's...that wouldn't worry me. Im not a big late night person myself. But others have found or said it reminded them of the Night of the Living Dead both in regards to the nightlife and sort of passengers on board.

Even if u go over to the HAL board many regulars pretty much agree with that.

Is this correct? I had no idea! We were planning on a HAL cruise maybe next year, and even though we are in our 60s, we like a bit of nightlife!

No it is not correct. I have 5 HAL cruises under my belt and this comment does not reflect my experience on any of my HAL cruises. HAL, like Celebrity, has a bit more class/panache/style than some lines and doesn't cater to the party crowd, but to call the nightlife comatose is a little insulting to the entertainers who are singing/performing until 11-12pm. The thing is, the focus of a HAL cruise is generally dining, service and itinerary (not necessarily in that order), not nightlife, partying and drinking (which may not be in that order on other lines ;)). I am 41 and it has been my line of choice for the last 4 years.

Not only have I sailed with HAL (68 nights) but I have just disembarked from the Oosterdam today, so you can't get more recent feedback than that!:)

Archived