Balcony stateroom right below the hottibs that jet out 12feet from the side

marcar123

I am on the IOS sailing Feb 16,2013 and I was looking at the location of our stateroom (category D1, room 9560, it appears to be 2 decks directly below the adult-only hot tub that stick out 12ft from the side of the ship. Is this going to interfere with my balcony at all ie: block the sun, or fall on me :)

I am on the IOS sailing Feb 16,2013 and I was looking at the location of our stateroom (category D1, room 9560, it appears to be 2 decks directly below the adult-only hot tub that stick out 12ft from the side of the ship. Is this going to interfere with my balcony at all ie: block the sun, or fall on me :)

Pretty sure it won't fall on you - doubt it will interfere with the sun much either. You are actually more on the edge and not centered under the middle of it if that matters.

Pretty sure it won't fall on you - doubt it will interfere with the sun much either. You are actually more on the edge and not centered under the middle of it if that matters.

Thanks! I appreciate your insight :)

I have to trust the engineers on the stability of the thing. As to sun, I suspect the roof of you own balcony will have more of an impact than the hot tub. We were in 9656, the same category, also port side, just aft of the hump for two weeks in 2009. We thought the cabin was great. Nice size and good location. We were fairly near the aft elevators, you appear to be close to the forward elevators. It is amazing to me how long the hallways are. Enjoy your cruise.

Every balcony is covered by the deck above. None get sun all day....usually the sun is there when it's lower in the sky...early morning or late afternoon, depending on which direction you're facing. Don't expect to be able to sunbathe on any balcony for any length of time!

Funny story, we sailed the Independence in December and it was our first time. We're out on the balcony and I'm looking to my left and to my right and say to my daughter, I thought this was the same ship as Liberty and had the cantilevered hot tubs. We were so perplexed. A few hours later, we're on the balcony again drinking wine, enjoying our Junior suite huge balcony, talking about it when we looked up and realized we were directly beneath them.

We didn't have any issues with the sun.

Archived