Port or starboard balcony on Pacific to Atlantic itinerary?

suometar

My question is not which side of the ship to book for the actual transit of the canal (I know the drill: get up on deck), but rather, which side for the rest of the trip? Someone mentioned the starboard side for the sunrise in the Pacific, bur we are not early risers. But we'd love some sun on our balcony in the afternoon. We are planning on an early January trip, if that helps. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

On the trip from CA down the Pacific coast to Panama, the afternoon sun will be on the starboard side. After the Canal it will depend a bit as to which direction you head back to FL, but the afternoon sun will generally be port side...ish.

On the day you begin the Canal transit while you are still at the Pacific entrance, you will have the sunrise on the starboard side. Yes, you should be up to see that one....:D.

soumetar,

no need for an alarm clock. Just place a wake up call each evening for the next morning, and while you are at it, order breakfast room service.

The dailies you receive each evening will have the time of sunrise and sunset for the next day.

Enjoy!!!:)

soumetar,

no need for an alarm clock. Just place a wake up call each evening for the next morning, and while you are at it, order breakfast room service.

The dailies you receive each evening will have the time of sunrise and sunset for the next day.

Enjoy!!!:)

Great idea! Hadn't thought of ordering room service, but I do need my caffeine fix in the morning. Watching the sunrise with a cup of java and a croissant is beginning to sound quite palatable ...

Archived