Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Iam curious about how the ballroom dancing is going in the Atrium. Many people,

noise, congestion. Since this is the only area on the ship for ballroom dancing this is

pretty important to me. We will have 18 days of enjoyment on the TA in October.

Greg

noise, congestion. Since this is the only area on the ship for ballroom dancing this is

Greg

It does seem to be a concern. A ballroom dancer I am not but do enjoy watching those that can.

Here is a link to a thread on the main Princess section.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38742084#post38742084

Greg

That's definitely something you're going to have to wait and see on. It may take a few months before we get all the details. Until then you'll have to settle for the fact that the atrium and piazza is the core of the ship. They won't close all the venues and walkways around the piazza for dancing. And the piazza isn't designed as a ballroom like the one on Queen Mary 2. If ballroom dancing is that important I suggest picking a ship that has a space dedicated for that.

Hey, I hope I'm wrong on this one. I am a big fan of the ship and even have it booked for next July. I guess it's those cabanas right in the middle of everything and blocking vision of that pool that annoy me. I'll get past it. ;)

More fool the passengers who rent them, lets hope they are a failure and they will be removed, a upcharge to many in my opinion.

Peter Knego, who's night deck shot and deluxe balcony cabin pictures we saw earlier today, has now published more of his pictures. Some I've never seen before including a picture of an Inside Stateroom:

http://maritimematters.com/2013/06/totally-random-royal-pre-decking-the-royal-princess/

Ooh is that a door I can see in that inside stateroom?! Looks like this could be one of the horizontal insides what do you think Dave?

The excitement on this thread is palpable!!!

I'm heading out to play golf...wonder if it will be over or near 5,000 posts when I get finished!!

Remember, save post #5,000 for Dave!:p

It may be close!!

We will all have to keep watch.:):)

Dave, the USA Today set of pictures seem to be the most comprehensive yet. Having hauled quarters for laundry on many cruises, I tried to zoom in on the slots for the washing machines. It looks like to me that they may be card rather than coin operated. What do you think?

Also they illustrated in the deluxe balcony cabins, the smaller desk area with fewer drawers, which I think had been someone's question/concern earlier in the thread. Loved the mini-suite pictures and glad we sprang for that on our first TA.

As always, you're doing a fabulous job bringing everything to one thread:)

Susan

296123_659417544084214_108208149_n.jpg

(Credit Jo Rigby Facebook)

$15.00 for a Bellini that's a bargain..The last time I had a Bellini was at the Four Seasons in Manhattan, many moons ago..The bar tab came to $78 :eek::eek: that was for 3 Bellinis and 1 Martini and the Martini cost $18...do the math...:eek:...we still laugh about it..good thing we ordered only one round..:D

My only cruise was on the carnival Dream and i spent most of it in the aft pool, which was tiny. Lots of people sitting around the edge but very few actually went into the pool, even though there was lots of room!

The pools on the Royal are much bigger, except for the smaller round pool aft of the main pool. I just can't see how the pools will be an issue when you factor the retreat pool into it.

I look forward to cruising with you Mom33.

wave.gif alexmom......I just saw that we are cruising the same week. Looking forward to cruising with you too. We wanted to experience the Royal during our Caribbean cruise this year even though we prefer 10 days. We thought we would be on the Emerald for our Baltics TA this year and were surprised to see the Royal was doing it! Now we get to cruise her twice in less then a month.:D I just wish it was sooner.

Dave, the USA Today set of pictures seem to be the most comprehensive yet. Having hauled quarters for laundry on many cruises, I tried to zoom in on the slots for the washing machines. It looks like to me that they may be card rather than coin operated. What do you think?

Also they illustrated in the deluxe balcony cabins, the smaller desk area with fewer drawers, which I think had been someone's question/concern earlier in the thread. Loved the mini-suite pictures and glad we sprang for that on our first TA.

As always, you're doing a fabulous job bringing everything to one thread:)

Susan

There are lots of very beautiful things about this ship.

However, I don't know why anyone would book a deluxe balcony cabin if it wasn't one of those on the aft.

I finally saw a picture of the desk area and it's, as I feared, no drawers in the desk.

I don't have a picture of the regular balcony cabin but saw one earlier today and the desk not only had 3 drawers but three tiers of open shelving next to it. That's a lot of storage space to pay extra to lose! :(

AftRoyalDeluxeDesk.jpg.268201a982a5d685035067cfbc68a9ba.jpg

That's a good question, considering I prefer lounge chairs on the edge of the ship with ocean views. :confused: I suppose what annoys me is that those cabanas make the pool seem to be the domain of the people in the cabanas. I need to get past that. I am one of the few who wind up using the pools, especially on hot sea days. I haven't figured out which I'll use.

I had the same thoughts about the cabanas. To close to the pool.

Hi All

My hotel room is only a few hundred yards from the Royal sure looks big

Streets have Princess banners out ready for the big day

Weather very poor tonights fireworks might be hard to see through the mist and rain

Yours Shogun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There are lots of very beautiful things about this ship.

However, I don't know why anyone would book a deluxe balcony cabin if it wasn't one of those on the aft.

I finally saw a picture of the desk area and it's, as I feared, no drawers in the desk.

I don't have a picture of the regular balcony cabin but saw one earlier today and the desk not only had 3 drawers but three tiers of open shelving next to it. That's a lot of storage space to pay extra to lose! :(

I guess it comes down to personal preference. Do I want a couch or do I want extra drawers? I think I still opt for the couch, though I am not sure now whether it is worth the extra cost. Too late to make a change for the fall cruises, but I might have time after experiencing it first hand to make a change for the cruise next Spring. Just checked on the Spring cruise. The difference between balcony and deluxe balcony is $80, so I probably will stand pat.

Hi All

My hotel room is only a few hundred yards from the Royal sure looks big

Streets have Princess banners out ready for the big day

Weather very poor tonights fireworks might be hard to see through the mist and rain

Yours Shogun

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So excited for you!! I guess until November I will have to live vicariously thru you!! Still can't believe how young you are!! Have a great time & you will have all of us here following your journey!!

Archived