Everything ROYAL PRINCESS: What are you looking forward to MOST of all?

dmwnc1959

Now we head up one of the spiral staircases in the aft part of the atrium that go up to Fiesta Deck (Deck 6)...

8376840670_964684a6b7_z.jpg

From the aft part of the atrium on Fiesta Deck (Deck 6) looking forward we get an amazing view at the three decks that span this beautiful space. On Plaza Deck (lower floor) we see piano lounge seating between Vines and the International Cafe, on Fiesta Deck (middle) there is Bellini's Bar, and on the top deck (Promenade Deck) you can see the new Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar. There is also Crooners, Alfredo's, and others.

8375766941_5b98cf9ae8_z.jpg

More about all of these new venues coming up soon...

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

My DH and I are booked on the Maiden Caribbean sailling.

We are looking forward to sitting on our extended deluxe balcony and enjoying the beautiful sunrises and sunsets.:D

Thanks to you for starting this new blog. I recently sailed on the Allure and had a great time. Sailed on the Ruby twice with pleasure. Want to have something different and it seems that Royal will offer what we are seeking. Booked the December 9 cruise with our family. Looking forward to many new posts from all.

Good luck

We are booked on the 12 day Barcelone to Venice (Sept. 27th), followed by the 18 day transatlantic VCE to FLL. Someone early on here asked about the Captain and the CD. Captain will be Tony Draper and CD will be Ron Goodman. If Ron gets his way, his deputy will be Ryan (forgot his last name), since they work very well together.

We are booked on the 12 day Barcelone to Venice (Sept. 27th), followed by the 18 day transatlantic VCE to FLL. Someone early on here asked about the Captain and the CD. Captain will be Tony Draper and CD will be Ron Goodman. If Ron gets his way, his deputy will be Ryan (forgot his last name), since they work very well together.

YES!!!! Awesome!!! Love Ron AND Ryan! BTW Pia I hope you are feeling better each day after reading your "Live From" your New Years cruise.

Great thread. I can see some of my shipmates are already here. We are on the Maiden Caribbean and the 7 day after that, our first B2B. :D We booked this cruise last May. We started on the Baja deck but asked our TA to get us an extended balcony cabin and ended up on Emerald. I hope the Princess Live below us is not a problem. But we are closer to Crooner's. :rolleyes: It looks to me that Princess has updated their deck plan. I noticed the changes to the aft cabins.

Again great thread.

Marty

I want to take a quick moment to again say THANK YOU to all of you who have posted for you enthusiastic responses and positive feedback...:D

john_galt, sunsetbeachgal, mamaboss, strummer, High C's, timetravler, kmp70, Mikeyto, cristine, Mom33, CruisinEars, sssteele, TorontoTL, cruzisme, salleybrown2012, TracieABC, Brisbanelionsfan, macusr, seacruise9, upcountryTravelers, patperry, casavaha, loveboat77, Fletch1, ozpilot, dr_dawggy, marie61, pamcdon, the kids, ronl, Carolina Cruisers 2, Ethel5, pia1913, missymerv, nasa1974, and hokiefans.

I also want to add my well wishes to pia1913 on a continued recovery!

I'll get to work now on the next installment for the Fiesta Deck (Deck 6) atrium venues and hope to have it up late tonight. In the mean time I'll re-post the atrium deck plans (but with a bit of an extension) so that we can see where we have already been, and where we are going. Never hurts to be familiar with the ship ahead of time! ;)

8379125374_68b6134d8f_c.jpg

Bellini's -

From Princess Cruises:

'With its back-lit floors and glowing ambiance, this brand new Italian inspired cocktail bar appears to float midair. A perfect place to enjoy the liveliness and entertainment of the atrium and Piazza while relaxing and indulging in one of the delicious Bellini-style drinks.'

Now I had to ask myself, what is a Bellini? Never heard of it. So I used my best friend the internet and found this tidbit of information:

"A Bellini cocktail is a mixture of Prosecco sparkling wine and peach purée. Originating in Venice, it is one of Italy's most popular long drinks and was invented by Giuseppe Cipriani, founder of Harry's Bar in Venice, Italy. Because of its unique pink color, which reminded Cipriani of the color of the toga of a saint in a painting by 15th-century Venetian artist Giovanni Bellini, he named the drink the Bellini.

The drink started as a seasonal specialty at Harry's Bar (Venice), a favorite haunt of Ernest Hemingway, Sinclair Lewis and Orson Welles. Later, it also became popular at the bar's New York counterpart. After an entrepreneurial Frenchman set up a business to ship fresh white peach pureé to both locations, it was a year-round favorite.

Today the Bellini is an IBA Official Cocktail, thus indicating its popularity and making it a well-known cocktail to many professional bartenders."

(Wikipedia)

Now that actually sounds pretty tasty! And I love peaches too. I mean, growing up in Atlanta as a young boy how could I not love peaches. ;)

Halfway up the spiral stairs we catch our first glimpse of Bellini's...

8378226721_6f3f6aa482_z.jpg

Appears to float in mid-air! And I see a staircase that I hadn't noticed before...

8378226627_bde9d54196_z.jpg

Back-lit floors and glowing ambiance

8379305274_cf593d1696_z.jpg

The Bellini bar and seating (I think they'll need more seats!)

8378226931_98954f7423_z.jpg

Belinni's (right side of image) offering a commanding view of the atrium

8378227033_0d48b8d045_z.jpg

In the atrium of Royal Princess the Fiesta Deck is home to Bellini's, Alfredo's, and the ever present, inescapable ;) Photo Gallery. Eat, drink, and buy pictures! It's just like a Fiesta!

8379319654_84ff8ea913_o.jpg

Love ya stuff.....keep it coming.

Thank You for starting this thread. We are booked for the Maiden TA Cruise in Oct. So looking forward to actually seeing and experiencing this SHIP!!! :)I will check in often and see what is up. ...Can't Wait:D

Lots of folks on that transatlantic! I do hope everyone will be doing LIVE threads for us landlubbers still waiting to get on the ship. Details, details, details. :D

Love ya stuff.....keep it coming.

THANKS! Figured it might be a fun way for people to remember where all these new things are! It's Fiesta (deck) time: pizza and a Bellini! :D

Someone early on here asked about the Captain and the CD. Captain will be Tony Draper and CD will be Ron Goodman. If Ron gets his way, his deputy will be Ryan (forgot his last name), since they work very well together.

We can only hope!!! Loved Ryan on Ruby Princess last month. And THANKS for the GREAT info! It was mentioned by missymerv (Andrea) on another thread that Ryan was possibly being transferred to Star Princess, which is a real shame. It would be incredible to have this superb team on the new flagship, Royal Princess.

Princess Cruises, are you listening! ;)

...the one thing I am missing is the huge balconies connected to Dolphin Mini-suites and Caribe balcony cabins..it appears from the pictures and plans, that the balconies are much smaller. Does anyone have any indication of the actual size?.

ellen

I don't have a guess but maybe one of our more seasoned cruise veterans out there can help out? ;)

Dmwnc1959....you are a rock star!! :D

This is the first thing I look at over coffee in the morning!!

Rock star? Yikes! Nothing like putting on a little pressure... :o :D

At this current pace I'll run out of ship to cover by the end of the month and you'll be throwing coffee cakes at the computer screen. ;)

I'll do my best to keep it interesting!

Hi All

The palace has said Princess Katie is due to be a mummy in July,

which could mean she would be free to do the god mother thing, in June,

wonder how long before Princess will tell us, or will they keep it secret

as long as they can.

yours Shogun

Hey Dave, as others have stated, thanks for starting this thread.

It's a shame that we are going to miss you on the Caribbean Inaugural in October, but we wish you a good time in December.

I think the thing that we are most looking forward to, is to (hopefully,) be able to do the Chef's Table. It was a memorable experience on the other ships, but I think it will be an absolutely unbelievable time while being surrounded by the "Curtain of Light" during the whole meal.

Thanks again,

Joe

Archived