Back2Back Transfer Port Everglades FLL --> Port of Miami

stan1980

Hi everybody,

Next week we will be doing an Oasis of the Seas-cruise with RCCL, arriving in Fort Lauderdale, with a consecutive cruise on the Celebrity Reflection from Miami.

Since Royal Caribbean CL & Celebrity are basically the same company, does anybody know if RCCL/Celebrity will provide for complimentary transfer from Fort Lauderdale to Miami...?

I read somewhere here on Cruisecritic that in some cases RCCL even provided for a complimentary night in a hotel between B2B-cruises....

And of course, suggestions about other ways of transfer are very much appreciated as well! :)

Thanx!

Stan

Yes, they should provide the transfer. Contact your travel agent to have them set it up for you. And yes...they also pay for hotel in between for one night. We did this on our B2B Oasis/Allure. Are doing again in February from Eclipae in FLL to Indy with one night in between. This includes our transfer from hotel to ship also.

• 10 months later...
Yes, they should provide the transfer. Contact your travel agent to have them set it up for you. And yes...they also pay for hotel in between for one night. We did this on our B2B Oasis/Allure. Are doing again in February from Eclipae in FLL to Indy with one night in between. This includes our transfer from hotel to ship also.

Really? What if you're doing the Allure, then getting off and boarding the Azamara Quest in Miami on the same day?

I know, old thread!

Edited by slk230red

They provided this transfer between Port Everglades to Port of Miami and a free night stay for us - Oct 12, 2013 Allure & Majesty Oct 21, 2013. It doesn't hurt to try and contact the Consecutive Cruise Desk at RCCL.

RCI no longer provides transfers for B2B's nor do they provide hotels for the day between cruises. This stopped earlier this year.

They provided this transfer between Port Everglades to Port of Miami and a free night stay for us - Oct 12, 2013 Allure & Majesty Oct 21, 2013. It doesn't hurt to try and contact the Consecutive Cruise Desk at RCCL.

The inconsistency is unbelievable (not between members but within the company). I had read here many times they no longer give hotels between cruises. So who is right?

Edited by Langley Cruisers

When did you book this? I am guessing it was before they stopped the free hotel.

RCI no longer provides transfers for B2B's nor do they provide hotels for the day between cruises. This stopped earlier this year.

Correct. The policy changed in March of this year and they no longer provide transfer's or hotel between cruise's. If you had booked before March of 2013 Royal will honor your arrangement for transportation and hotel. I had this honored in September of this year as I booked well before the policy was discontinued.

Edited by Eng23

According to this thread RCL has recently changed their policy on paying for the hotel on consecutive cruises. They are no long paying for a night...

We did get ours booked, but people trying to do this in the future may be out of luck.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1823441

Just curious as to why you would post incorrect information when you knew the correct answer?

If you made your reservation before May 13, 2013 they will still provide. If after they wont it was discontinued in May

We booked back in may and received the free transfer and hotel stay.

Edited by bala1130

What exactly is the Consecutive Cruise Desk, and how do you reach it? When I phoned in earlier this month to make my final payments for our b2b on Adventure in Jan/Feb, the person who helped me had no idea what I was talking about ... he said my cruises were automatically linked when I booked them.

What exactly is the Consecutive Cruise Desk, and how do you reach it? When I phoned in earlier this month to make my final payments for our b2b on Adventure in Jan/Feb, the person who helped me had no idea what I was talking about ... he said my cruises were automatically linked when I booked them.

There used to be section of customer service that worked with back to back cruises. It was called the back to back desk, or consecutive cruise desk. Perhaps the terminology has changed recently.

We were sheduled on a B2B last year , Celebrity TA arriving on Saturday in Miami and the Allure cruise on Sunday. Our TA had to talk to the desk that does hotel and ground transportations to arrange transfers and Saturday night hotel reservations. He wasn't even aware that was an option.

Unfortuneately , a medical issue came up and we had to cancel the whole trip.

Edited by mo&fran