New to Carnival....some questions

Tinkers70

Hi all

We had our first cruise last year and sailed on Freedom of the Sea on an eastern itinery which we all LOVED!!

I'm now looking at doing another cruise next year and have been looking at Carnival Dream as she looks just as impressive as Freedom of the seas (well to me anyway:D)

Can anyone tell me if they have a self service laundrette onboard? this is the thing I really missed on our last cruise as we had so much washing needing done by the middle of the week. We filled a small laundry bag which our room attendant took away for us but found it expensive at $25 as it was just really some underwear in it

Also, on Freedom we had a balcony room for 4 of us and felt it was very spacious. Are the cabins on Dream roomy enough for 4 too? Plus is it better for me to book a cabin with 2 singles, a sofa bed and a top bunk? My boys will be 17 and 12 when we sail.

I was considering 2 cabins together but that would bump the price up (I think)

Marion :)

Hi all

We had our first cruise last year and sailed on Freedom of the Sea on an eastern itinery which we all LOVED!!

I'm now looking at doing another cruise next year and have been looking at Carnival Dream as she looks just as impressive as Freedom of the seas (well to me anyway:D)

Can anyone tell me if they have a self service laundrette onboard? this is the thing I really missed on our last cruise as we had so much washing needing done by the middle of the week. We filled a small laundry bag which our room attendant took away for us but found it expensive at $25 as it was just really some underwear in it

Also, on Freedom we had a balcony room for 4 of us and felt it was very spacious. Are the cabins on Dream roomy enough for 4 too? Plus is it better for me to book a cabin with 2 singles, a sofa bed and a top bunk? My boys will be 17 and 12 when we sail.

There is a little laundry mat, it was $3 for the washer and $3 for the dryer ( on the Glory I'm betting they are all the same). I think you could do 4 in a room, it sure would save you alot of money !!!

For the Dream:

Name: Launderettes / Ironing Rooms

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Locations - Launderettes

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Lido Deck 10 - forward / across from 10262

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Riviera Deck 1 – aft / across from 1411

Upper Deck 6 – midship / across from 6382

Verandah Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Vista Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

• 2 or 3 washers
  • 2 or 3 dryers
  • 1 iron and ironing board
  • Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener
  • Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Perfect!!! Thank you all

This information has just help me make my mind up......let the planning commence:D

The reason I would prefer a Laundrette is because i'm considering maybe doing a B2B (depending on finances) so 2 whole weeks of clothes without any washing facilities was a bit off putting for me

Perfect!!! Thank you all

This information has just help me make my mind up......let the planning commence:D

The reason I would prefer a Laundrette is because i'm considering maybe doing a B2B (depending on finances) so 2 whole weeks of clothes without any washing facilities was a bit off putting for me

Perfect. You are going to have a WONDERFUL time.:)

Hi Tinkers70;

Just a quick note.....Balconeys are nice but if you are doing a B2B, and have 4, you may want to consider a deluxe ocean view....they are 230 sq feet and have the regular bathroom plus a second partial bathroom with a sink and jr tub/shower. More room for 4 and less than a Balconey.

I will be on the dream for the first time in 8 weeks with my 2 college age daughters. The extra bath will be very convenient!!!

Enjoy your planning and cruise!

you would be surprised at the difference.

Last cruise a balcony and an inside cabin was a little less then 200 more.

Price it out.

if putting you all in one balcony-- the kids will sleep on a convertible sofa and an upper bed. (weight limit is 250 pounds) my boys all over 6 feet slept very comfortable up there.

Carnival VS RCL I think RCL delivers a much better product. Carnival is not service oriented whereas RCL is. I just got off my first Carnival cruise Friday and although it wasn't bad it was the K Mart of Cruises. I like RCL and I like Princess and won't be booking another Carnival. For the price Carnival does beat other cruise lines.

Carnival VS RCL I think RCL delivers a much better product. Carnival is not service oriented whereas RCL is. I just got off my first Carnival cruise Friday and although it wasn't bad it was the K Mart of Cruises. I like RCL and I like Princess and won't be booking another Carnival. For the price Carnival does beat other cruhise lines.

when was your last cruise

Hi Tinkers70;

Just a quick note.....Balconeys are nice but if you are doing a B2B, and have 4, you may want to consider a deluxe ocean view....they are 230 sq feet and have the regular bathroom plus a second partial bathroom with a sink and jr tub/shower. More room for 4 and less than a Balconey.

I will be on the dream for the first time in 8 weeks with my 2 college age daughters. The extra bath will be very convenient!!!

Enjoy your planning and cruise!

Hiya....thank you for this information. I'll look into this option. If there is a fairly large price difference then we would opt for this:)

you would be surprised at the difference.

Last cruise a balcony and an inside cabin was a little less then 200 more.

Price it out.

if putting you all in one balcony-- the kids will sleep on a convertible sofa and an upper bed. (weight limit is 250 pounds) my boys all over 6 feet slept very comfortable up there.

Thank you, if we do decide to share a cabin i'm sure my boys would be comfy. That are both tall slim boys and both managed on the sofa bed on Freedom of the seas :)

Carnival VS RCL I think RCL delivers a much better product. Carnival is not service oriented whereas RCL is. I just got off my first Carnival cruise Friday and although it wasn't bad it was the K Mart of Cruises. I like RCL and I like Princess and won't be booking another Carnival. For the price Carnival does beat other cruise lines.

Thanks for the tip

When we sailed on RCI last year I actually wasn't that impressed by the service we got for the money we spent on the cruise. Our room attendant was fantastic but other than that I thought the rest of the service was just so-so

I'm happy to give Carnival a try as to me a holiday is what you make of it yourself and Carnival dream looks like a fun ship which is what we look for in a cruise:)

I've done RCCL, Princess and Norwegian and I usually prefer Carnival. I thought Norwegian and Princess had too many older folks and was a little boring. :rolleyes: RCCL was the only one that had a younger funner feel to it with more stuff to do. But I have a tough time paying all that extra money for RCCL when I can get the same thing on Carnival :) for 30-40% less.

That being said, our family of four do a balcony every time and love it. And my husband is 6'6" and my girls are 5'7" and 5'8". There's plenty of room for all of us.

As for the laundry, I use these laundry sheets that have both laundry soap and fabric softener in them. After you use them in the washer you use them as fabric softener sheets. They are like thick fabric softener sheets and pack easily. Sorry i cant remember their name but they're at Walmart. I would avoid the laundry room during busy times like on formal nights, sea days, or late in the cruise when everyone wants to wash. Early in the morning is best. :)

Hi all

You might want to also look at the Breeze she is the same class ship but is brand new and has more to offer. :) Lots of people book a balcony and an inside across the hall. You have to book with a parent in each cabin but once on the ship go to guest services and switch so the parents are in the balcony and the kids are in the inside cabin. We have friends that do this often. ;)

Archived