Better be quiet in the Library

Andiamo

On the recent QM2 Christmas voyage Bill Miller was holding a book signing in the Library. As soon as the chatting commenced a woman popped out from around the bend and made it quite clear we were all rude and that there should be no talking in the Library.

I've had two signings aboard. The first was held closer to the book store itself, which was well-attended and the folks in line were a little noisy (FUN!). But, the second was at that table where you say Bill's was. And it was SILENT because only one person showed up! :rolleyes: Actually, it wasn't silent because my wife - who was reading nearby - couldn't stop herself from giggling every now and then. :)

Anyway, those signings never last more than 30-45 minutes. So, even someone trying to find a "quiet corner" doesn't have to deal with the sound for very long.

Stowaway,

Last year, during QE2's world cruise, I was reading a passenger's blog about the cruise.

Another woman had a dress taken from the laundry.

A few days later, she saw a woman wearing her dress. She approached the woman and explained that a mistake must have been made in the laundry, as it was her dress that this woman was wearing.

Woman no. 2 flipped out and denied it, security was called, woman no. 1 was somehow able to prove ownership, and woman no. 2 was put ashore at the next port.

Enter at your own risk."

My daughter and I were on that voyage and woman #1 was able to prove it was her dress because she had a photo of herself wearing it!

Ah, those were the days!

I don't believe I've ever read an armadillo. Is that a new genre? :confused::D

Hmmm...

... not sure about a new genre. Could be a new species though - Dasypus.literatus.

Could be a big zoological discovery. Mind you, I suppose all the credit would go to Sir M! :D:D:D

J

My daughter and I were on that voyage and woman #1 was able to prove it was her dress because she had a photo of herself wearing it!

Ah, those were the days!

Good news....those days are alive and well. Last year on our TA, a lady and a gentleman got into an argument in the laundry room and she hit him aside the head with an iron. :eek:

Good news....those days are alive and well. Last year on our TA, a lady and a gentleman got into an argument in the laundry room and she hit him aside the head with an iron. :eek:

OK, Cannot stand the suspense! Did Cunard offer him free medical treatment?

OK, Cannot stand the suspense! Did Cunard offer him free medical treatment?

That was my first thought also. I don't know....word spread pretty quickly....and then....nothing. I do know that the Captain was notified which is, I imagine, why nothing else was said. I just remember feeling really sorry for the gentleman because he wasn't at fault. I also felt sorry for the woman's husband since I can't imagine his life was a joy if she's inclined to smack a stranger with an iron.

A lady would never assault with an iron. And a real gentleman would have offered to hit himself for her.

We are having way too much fun here!

This comment had me laughing, truly LOL!

At least when security talked to him afterwards, he'd have a straight face.

Terrible, terrible pun. Please excuse me while I expose myself to images of Carnival cruise interiors as punishment.

Terrible, terrible pun. Please excuse me while I expose myself to images of Carnival cruise interiors as punishment.

Confirmation as to why it is so much fun to be around Aussies!

I think worse punishment is called for! I'm suggesting you brush your teeth with Pol Acker...

You can complain about Pol Acker all you like. When getting to your normal cabin...not a suite...and it's time to unpack with the view of NYC from your balcony.....There are worse things than opening a bottle of PA and unpacking for a wonderful trip. :D

Sorry...forgot to logout. Posted by brigittetom.

Cool! Great to know that the old ways haven't completely died out. So, in the end, did they manage to iron out their difficulties or did they have to go off to a pressing appointment elsewhere? The gentleman should have looked on the positive side - he would have paid a small fortune for anti-wrinkle treatment in the Spa. In the good old laundrette he got them removed for free.

:D:D:D

J

Cool! Great to know that the old ways haven't completely died out. So, in the end, did they manage to iron out their difficulties or did they have to go off to a pressing appointment elsewhere? The gentleman should have looked on the positive side - he would have paid a small fortune for anti-wrinkle treatment in the Spa. In the good old laundrette he got them removed for free.

:D:D:D

J

You're bad J. It would be very bad luck if we were ever seated at the same table...you'd make me laugh too loudly. :eek:

Archived