Better be quiet in the Library

Andiamo

Tiger Woods's wife did - I think it was a five iron!!! :eek:

J

I always remember a line from an old WC Fields movie...He's in the hospital & was asked by the Dr. about how he got there. "My wife hit me with an oak leaf. An oak leaf?? I find that hard to believe an oak leaf could do that! Well it could, if it's an oak leaf from the Dining room Table!"

Thanks for reporting the good news :D .

(I must have done something terrible, something deserving severe punishment. I've been given a full-sized bottle on nearly every voyage...)

My wife and I had a full bottle waiting on the Christmas/NYE trip. She enjoyed it with orange juice.

The KIDS only had half-a-bottle, though. :eek:

I think worse punishment is called for! I'm suggesting you brush your teeth with Pol Acker...

I'll admit, I left the bottle in the fridge the entire voyage. I wasn't game enough to try it after all the stories I've heard.

Plus, champagne / sparkling wine / corrosive, unidentifiable fizzy liquids aren't usually my thing.

It was funny, however, listening to a 20 something year old complain about the 'revolting' taste of Veurve. Apparently he only drinks quality. Mind you, it turned out he was just a toy boy for an older gentleman. He had money, but no class.

I wonder what he would have thought of Pol Acker. I never got to ask because he was quick to point out 'I'm in the Grills, darling'.

La di da!

I'll admit, I left the bottle in the fridge the entire voyage. I wasn't game enough to try it after all the stories I've heard.

Plus, champagne / sparkling wine / corrosive, unidentifiable fizzy liquids aren't usually my thing.

It was funny, however, listening to a 20 something year old complain about the 'revolting' taste of Veurve. Apparently he only drinks quality. Mind you, it turned out he was just a toy boy for an older gentleman. He had money, but no class.

I wonder what he would have thought of Pol Acker. I never got to ask because he was quick to point out 'I'm in the Grills, darling'.

La di da!

Austcruizer - I think I know the person you are referring to (Jeanne, if you are reading this post, that wasn't me...). My partner did drink the Pol in our stateroom, but only a bit of it and left the rest in the fridge, 5 days later I found the open bottle and it was still fizzy!!!!

Austcruizer - I think I know the person you are referring to (Jeanne, if you are reading this post, that wasn't me...). My partner did drink the Pol in our stateroom, but only a bit of it and left the rest in the fridge, 5 days later I found the open bottle and it was still fizzy!!!!

Bruce:

Thanks for the laugh my friend.

I left two bottles behind. I do admit to having it a few times, with orange juice or loaded with strawberries, but that was before I started bringing my own while-unpacking-libation.

BTW, I can't wait to see what other topics get added on to this thread. I no longer feel like a Clark Kent, mild mannered reporter.

Jeanne

La di da!

I doubt very much he'd have two cents (of his own) to rub together. I'll bet the older partner had him sign a binding financial agreement.

Okay, it shouldn't be fizzy after 5 days! Very wrong.

This person was on the TA that followed the Christmas voyage. We're you on that too Bruce?

Never got to meet you and thank you for organising things btw.

Jeanne - I see you more as 'Library Wonder Woman' I'm sure you must have that outfit somewhere in that incredible wardrobe of yours.

Bruce,

I wore that the night we didn't bump into one another. Sorry you missed it.

J

I think I know who you are all referring to also. He waltzed into the Queens Room every night. But if he said he was in the Grills he must think the Britannia was one of the Grills as he was sitting in the main dining room near my table.

I think I know who you are all referring to also. He waltzed into the Queens Room every night. But if he said he was in the Grills he must think the Britannia was one of the Grills as he was sitting in the main dining room near my table.

Speaking of deluded people, a colleague of mine relayed to me a story about a gentlemen that dined in the Britannia Restaurant with them. The story goes that this gentlemen claimed to be a member of European royalty and wore various royal 'regalia' on formal nights (some kind of royal order). During breakfast he would always sit by himself and rejected all invitations to dine with others as "due to his position he always ate breakfast alone as this was the proper royal protocol".

As the story didn't quite ring true (do royalty travel in Britannia?), one of the party introduced the 'royal' guest to a fair-dinkum count & countess that were travelling on board. Upon being introduced the count & countess, and failing to adequately respond to a few 'royal' enquiries that a man in his position should have been able to answer, the gentlemen revealed that he was not, in fact, a member of European royalty and that it was all a bit of fun.

I'm not sure if this gentlemen really, really, really likes eating breakfast alone and created this charade to explain away his breakfast preference, or he felt that QM2 was the perfect location to be the prince he always thought he should be.

Takes all sorts...:)

Archived