Super Bowl Party/Cuisine at Sea?

harryw

:eek: Am I the only one who finds this comparison distasteful ?

No, your not alone.

Football is not and will hopefully never be on Oceania what it may be on the mass market ships.

Fortunately Oceania caters to those of us looking for fantastic food, beautiful surroundings, great service and a more cultured quiet atmosphere.;)

No, you are not.

Plus, the inauguration will be carried by the majority of news channels, and is already part of Oceania's programming. It does not cost extra, nor does it require that a major room be set aside for viewing, shouting, etc.

If someone is an extreme devotee of the Super Bowl, so much so that demands for its broadcast are being made, then wouldn't that person know that the SuperBowl is always broadcast approximately the same time each year?

Cruise before or after the game if it is that vital to see it "live".

I am much happier to have Oceania concentrate on using funds to provide delicious food in beautiful surroundings on great ships, serviced by wonderful crews, rather than spend what may be a large amount of money for a sporting event that is, for the most part, just for Americans.

Sorry if I started something. We were couple that were on the Regatta for the inauguration in 2004 and they broadcasted it live in the Lounge. We are 49er fans, normally not huge Super Bowls fans. Sorry I didn't want to cruise before or after the game since my birthday falls in the middle of this cruise. I also love the food, etc that Oceania provides. My husband just called Oceania for another matter and asked if they would be broadcasting the game, THEY WILL NOT be broadcasting it.

Sorry if I started something. We were couple that were on the Regatta for the inauguration in 2004 and they broadcasted it live in the Lounge. We are 49er fans' date=' normally not huge Super Bowls fans. Sorry I didn't want to cruise before or after the game since my birthday falls in the middle of this cruise. I also love the food, etc that Oceania provides. My husband just called Oceania for another matter and asked if they would be broadcasting the game, THEY WILL NOT be broadcasting it.[/quote']

SO Sad!!:eek:

My original post was intended to convey that the inaugural and Super Bowl both have an aura of patriotism, although some may view excessive Bowl partying as a sign of cultural decay.

I don't think that the Oceania demographic had monolithic tastes. Some may prefer Finger Bowls to Super Bowls, others may be sports fans who don't necessarily exhibit barbarian behavior.

Personally, I am a casual sports fan who only pays attention to football late in season, and haven't missed a Super Bowl in many years. But I won't be heartbroken if there is no broadcast (especially since the Giants are out.) Riviera will provide great comfort. (And if there was a broadcast, I'm not sure if my wife will grant me a waiver to watch.)

Harry

• 2 weeks later...
We are currenntly on the Regatta in S. America and there was no Super bowl anything - no TV coverage, no party. Worst of all, my Niners lost :mad:

My sympathy is with you Paul. I was rooting for them myself seeing that the Pats weren't in the running. Hello to Marsha

Just returned from the Riviera cruise - there was no Super Bowl broadcast. It seemed odd to me that the cruise director, Nolan Dean, told passengers several times that Oceania would not know if ESPN would black out the game, until right before game time. This seemed peculiar because I thought that CBS had "live" broadcast rights, not ESPN. (Oceania did air the game on tape,the next day, from ESPN).

But also, why would there have to be a last minute decision from ESPN? I would think that there would be a set ESPN policy.

Harry

Archived