With Allure and Oasis is it true you need reservations for shows?

You don't have to get reservations for the shows but I would strongly advise that you do. Once the open the doors, they only allow people with reservations into the show up until 15 minutes prior to the start of the show, then it's free game for everyone. With that many people in the ship, you can probably image the limited seating after the people with reservations get their seats.

It is recommended that you make reservations for the shows. You will get better seats and not have to wait in line. The hardest show to get into is the Comedy show as the room is very small. If you miss a show you can always get in line early and for most of the shows you will get a seat.

just got off the Allure today. I would book ahead for shows. I did, kept checking until the show times opened up for booking, about 60 days before sailing date. That said, I think the only show you would have trouble getting into on a walk in basis was the first showing of Blue Planet. I did the comedy show twice and the second show I did not have a resv, and did an 11:30 show on night 6. Walked right in at 11:15 with plenty of seats to choose from. Do not let the size of the ship scare you, it was a great vacation and ship

Imagine taking a trip to New York City, wanting to eat in some of the best restaurants and see the most popular Broadway shows, and not planning ahead or making reservations.

Allure of the Seas is a small city, and twice as big carrying twice as many people as most other cruise ships in the entire world. Sure, on smaller ships that only carry 3,000 people you can show up on embarkation day and go about your business without any thought as to were you are going to eat, which shows you want to see, or what bar and lounge you want to check out. But Allure of the Seas has over 30 bars, restaurants and lounges, and lots of amazing shows and wonderful entertainment.

So to keep from having 6,000 people all show up on the same day and attempting to make reservations for the shows and specialty restaurants, Royal Caribbean offers this as a service to its guests in advance of sailing.

For my cruise this past December reservations opened 110 days prior to sailing. It does take a little planning and advance thought on how you want to spend your days aboard ship and on shore.

Take the time to do some planning and checking out the deck plans. Read reviews and look at the pictures. In my signature there is a picture review as well and there are many great reviews as of late to check out, especially the review by Gambee. CLICK HERE.

This will allow you to become more familiar with the ship and enjoy everything it had to offer. That way as you are disembarking on that final day you won't find yourself saying 'Man I wish I had done that' or 'I didn't know that was even there!'.

Have a GREAT cruise! :D

I wanted to sail on these ships in our March trip but someone told me that there are to many people, and you need reservations for every single thing you want to do including going to shows or movies, is this true/

As the others said, there is a reservation option for the main shows. That's it, and it's optional (although recommended). Movies? No. Everything? Heck no. Someone sensationalized this to you a little bit.

and just so you are clear, the reservations are free to make. If once on board you decide you don't want to go to the show you have reserved, don't. Someone from the stand by line will take your place. Who knows, maybe that person in line will be you for the next show!

Like others have said, you do not NEED to make reservations for the shows however it will help out once on board and you can change them if your plans change.

I would strongly recommend you make reservations.

I don't need any aniexty on vacation wondering if I'll see the show or not. You also don't want to spend your valuable cruise time standing in line for anything! When you arrive at the show you should see two crew members with hand seapass scanners. If you have a reservation pick the side with no line. I saw lines 30-40 foot long for those without reservations waiting for the chance to get in.

Enjoy your cruise...

"NEED" is a bit of an exaggeration and there is a big difference between "recommended" and "required". Reservations are not required but are suggested or recommended if there is a show you definitely don't want to miss. However the theater and entertainment venues (with the exception of the Comedy Club) are quite large and most shows are repeated so the chances of seeing the shows without making a reservation are quite good.

Having reservations for the shows you really want to see or the diining venues you really want to experience can eliminate much anxiety and help you plan your daily activities but don't worry that the number of passengers will affect your enjoyment of your cruise. Oasis and Allure handle the numbers of passengers exceptionally well and seem far less crowded than most smaller ships.

just got off the Allure today. I would book ahead for shows. I did, kept checking until the show times opened up for booking, about 60 days before sailing date. That said, I think the only show you would have trouble getting into on a walk in basis was the first showing of Blue Planet. I did the comedy show twice and the second show I did not have a resv, and did an 11:30 show on night 6. Walked right in at 11:15 with plenty of seats to choose from. Do not let the size of the ship scare you, it was a great vacation and ship

Isn't it the same comedy show (same comic and same routine). You did this three times????????

I made my Oasis cruise show reservations as soon as I could online.

Nevertheless, I recall reading that RCI holds back some seats for those who may book once they board the ship. If this is so, where would a person go onboard to make these show reservations (on Day 1!!).

I suppose you could do it from your cabin TV(?), but guests don't get access to their cabin until afte 1:00 pm.

I am not planning to prebook my shows - there are 3 adults in our suite, and 2 kids, the thought of planning the whole week is a pain in the you know what - if we are meant to see the show it will happen - everything repeats more than one time - same with meals - I took MYtime dinning, and see people say make a reservation for the same time each night.

This does not sound like a fun vacation to me - I want to say what do we feel like doing today/night - depends on time ashore etc - want to relax and go with the flow! One person can go ahead and see if we get seats, put our name in for a table for meals etc - but I will see how things go, only thing I will book is out trips because we really do not stop anywhere to just get off and see anything worthwhile. Booking somehow takes the FUN OUT OF CRUSING!

I am not planning to prebook my shows - there are 3 adults in our suite, and 2 kids, the thought of planning the whole week is a pain in the you know what - if we are meant to see the show it will happen - everything repeats more than one time - same with meals - I took MYtime dinning, and see people say make a reservation for the same time each night.

This does not sound like a fun vacation to me - I want to say what do we feel like doing today/night - depends on time ashore etc - want to relax and go with the flow! One person can go ahead and see if we get seats, put our name in for a table for meals etc - but I will see how things go, only thing I will book is out trips because we really do not stop anywhere to just get off and see anything worthwhile. Booking somehow takes the FUN OUT OF CRUSING!

I was going to give you some good advice, however, you seem to be set in your ways and know it all.

Enjoy your cruise and do not worry about making any plans or doing any research about your trip.

I don't mean to be rude, but I have to say it. Please don't write a review that you hated the cruise because the ship was so crowded you had to wait in line for everything.

I was on the Allure and I saw the lines for MTD without reservations were 40-50 feet long. Just saying, you will spend a lot of time in long lines.

We didn't book on the Allure in November until the first day on the cruise (the time and place to go to book are in the first Cruise Compass) and we had no problem getting the dates and times that we wanted. Also, for most shows there were plenty of no shows and for most shows you could get in on the day of the show.

We were a party of six with MTD and never made a reservation and never waited. Now, kindly let me say that the Oaisis and the Allure offer the best shows at sea. With the size of you party, if you want to see any, you really should reconsider reservations. Believe me, it will be less stressful to have made them and decide not to go, instead of all of you trying to get into one. ;) What ever you do, enjoy!

Archived