Window privacy on walkway inside cabins

ehogan

A question for those of you have had a walkway inside cabin that has windows onto the small decks at the front of the ship:

Do the windows have the sheer curtains as well as the regular blackout curtains?

We would like to keep these closed during the day to ensure privacy, if they do not I will bring something along to do the trick. Thanks.

The windows have a film on them that prevents people from seeing in during the day. Perhaps if they press their noses up to your windows, they can see in. Yes, there are sheer curtains. the problems are at night, but usually you will be on the move after dark, and it is too windy there for people to linger. EM

304016068307_0_ALB.jpg

Cabin 7203 on Splendor

We had a 4J 7202 on the Triumph for a B2B in Sept. They do not have sheers on the windows. The have a mirrored glass which makes it very difficult to see in during the day. Not so much at night. We did see a lot of people looking in during the day, and had lots of fun with it. They can barely see in, and not really make out much during the day. We kept ours closed at night. We enjoyed the location, but a very small cabin, and a long way to the aft. We had the Paris dining room which is very aft on the ship. We still had a good time.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise.

Gary & Rox

Had 1003 on the Victory; you can see NOTHING during the day and EVERYTHING at night. Be sure to keep the heavy drapes closed; the sheers won't provide enough privacy at night and aren't necessary during the day. We actually loved it though, and spent a lot of time out on the "secret" deck.

My DSs had a forward inside on our last cruise. There was a small sign by the window that stated the curtains must be closed at night because the light could cause problems with the bridge and navagation:eek: We spent a lot of time out on the "secret" deck and couldn't see into the rooms.

• 3 weeks later...
Had 1003 on the Victory; you can see NOTHING during the day and EVERYTHING at night. Be sure to keep the heavy drapes closed; the sheers won't provide enough privacy at night and aren't necessary during the day. We actually loved it though, and spent a lot of time out on the "secret" deck.

Too funny, I had the same cabin the very next week and didn't have any sheers, did you take them with you? :D

I love the corner rooms, feels like I'm in a mini-suite :)

As mbmbird noted, the ship requires that the drapes of these cabins be closed at night.

We were walking at night on Majesty of the Seas and got an eye full. Decided then and there to never have a walkway view cabin :o

On our Valor cruise-I think it was around dusk that my DH was out on the secret deck and he says that our neighbor the female neighbor was parading around topless.;) The awkward thing was that they were also our assigned table mates. Not sure why he he couldn't just keep that one to himself. :rolleyes:

We had cabin 6204 on Liberty May 2012. In th daylight the sun prevented a clear view inside the cabin. However, in the evening you could see in if the blackout curtains were not closed. But as mentioned, they were to be kept closed at night. I will definitely book a 4J again, but I'll try to remember to bring a binder clip or clothes pin to hold the blackout curtains together more securely.

We had cabin 6204 on Liberty May 2012. In th daylight the sun prevented a clear view inside the cabin. However, in the evening you could see in if the blackout curtains were not closed. But as mentioned, they were to be kept closed at night. I will definitely book a 4J again, but I'll try to remember to bring a binder clip or clothes pin to hold the blackout curtains together more securely.

That is a great idea, i am going to throw one or two in my suitcase tonight!!! Thank you.

On our Valor cruise-I think it was around dusk that my DH was out on the secret deck and he says that our neighbor the female neighbor was parading around topless.;) The awkward thing was that they were also our assigned table mates. Not sure why he he couldn't just keep that one to himself. :rolleyes:

Was she hot?

Archived