cruise director scedules? Hint hint NCL

vols_159

On our first cruise Jon Ibrahim was the CD and he was really great! On our last 2 cruises, the ACD have really been the stars - Gio & Richard. Would love to cruise with them again - hopefully they have been promoted or moved on to bigger and better things!

We do a lot of the CD activities, so we enjoy a good cruise staff. Obviously they won't make or break the cruise but they certainly make things fun!

We just returned from a cruise on the Dawn where Gio is the CD. We were really disappointed in him and would probably say he was our least favorite CD of all 13 NCL cruises we have been on. His mind was not in it at all. He never called a single person by their name in any of the game shows, he constantly forgot what question he was asking or forgot to get answers from each contestant. It just didn't appear that his mind was in the game this week. He also was rarely seen about the ship (we are used to seeing the CD's out and about) and when you did run into him, he didn't speak, smile, anything. Sounds like he is new a

I could forgive any Senior Staff member anything right now. This morning the first of the Breakaway staff began arriving. I am not sure what Her total number will be, but I am guessing 1400 staff members. I am being told that every ship in the system will have people going. That is a the loss of a lot of trained people and beginning to train new people. In addition it is getting close to the end of the winter cruises and getting ready for the spring and summer cruises. More headaches for everyone. A lot of the ships are also getting their semi-annual Coast Guard inspections. The US Public Health Service is probably doing their inspections too. There are probably Norwegian inspectors on board too.

I haven't been on a cruise in several years but to this day one of the things I remember most was how awesome CD Dan was. He was so funny and had the most amazing Australian accent. I feel like he added something special to the cruise....

I'm always wishing that the CD contracts laryngitis, so his/her shilling announcements can stop. On CCL, the CD is usually trying to sell something, which according to him/her, I can't live without or I don't want to miss.

Funny, I don't believe a word they say, and my cruise goes on just fine.

WHY?????

How does the CD control the weather or the ports Im going to????.

Thats all that really matters on a cruise doesnt it????

Depends. If you have a fantastic CD, it makes the cruise extra special. We've sailed with Gary on the Jade twice the last two Decembers. I will be disappointed if he is not the CD on our 2014 cruise. There is not another CD who can do what Gary does. He was formerly the trainer of all CDs for another line. NCL sent a headhunter for him after he resigned that job.

On the opposite end, we sailed with a CD who conducted games and made them NOT fun. He had favorites and did not treat passengers with an even hand. Didn't ruin our cruise or anything, but it sure didn't add to it. Glad he's no longer CD on that ship but when we think "worst cruise director" his name pops up. We wondered how he got that position.

Archived