Pier Upgrades

joelsmith101

I'm not sure if they do pier up grades but I just got off of the Reflection and my aunt/uncle had to cancel their cabin next to ours on Friday night prior to us sailing on Sat due to him in E.R. When we came back from dinner Sat night, there was luggage with the pier tags (not pre-printed with name & info) on the 2 bags outside the door. I asked the cabin attendent & he still had my aunt/uncle listed on his printout for being in the cabin. He was not aware of any issues in any other cabins to have them moved to this one and the couple spoke a foreign language & I could not ask them how they were able to get this cabin. So, maybe they still do upgrades at the pier.

Tina

As stated I have not seen nor heard of upgrades at the pier and on all cruises lately there have been signs at the Guest relation desk that say something like "This ship is full ...can't help you."

However I am aware of movement a day or two later. Whether that was for a price an upgrade or other issues I do not know.

Upon checking in for our Eclipse cruise last month at Port Everglades, I inquired at the pier co-ordinator desk re a pier upgrade and they said it was only when a ship had plenty of cabin availability that they were given a list of the cabins available and were allowed to do this which wasn't the case for our cruise. They suggested checking with the service desk once onboard but I got the impression it was still possible to do this.

Archived