New Five Star Mariners Pin?

sail7seas

Mama Lou once told me that the pin with the ship and the crystals ( which she had on and I admired) was a Presiden'ts Club gift. It was quite lovely and I would love to have one. Perhaps someday.

We will be doing a collector's cruise. Five days into the first cruise we will hit 500 days. Our PCC has advised us that on the second leg of the cruise we will receive the benefits.

I asked specifically as we could use the retreat on the Christmas portion as a hide away from the children we expect on board. We do not have two booking numbers but were required to put down two deposits. I have asked him to forward that info in writing so I can take it with me.

Smart girl! Definitely get it in writing and take it with you. From reading your posts, especially since you have one booking number, I am thinking thaty will say it is one cruise. That isn't going to help with getting the 5 star benefits on the second leg.

Really hope that everything goes smoothly for you! Look forward to reading about your spa and cooking class freebie!

I am sorry they did not make the 5 star pins more attractive. They are as big and clumsy looking as the other star pins. Looks like some HAL vice-president refused to hire a design artist and sketched one out himself, no sense of style at all. I can not see HAL spending the money on enamel pins like they used to offer, but surely they could offer a smaller, oval, more attractive pin at the same cost.

Well - we like ours.

If they did an oval pin -- it would like too much like the 700 lapel pins.

I am sorry they did not make the 5 star pins more attractive. They are as big and clumsy looking as the other star pins. Looks like some HAL vice-president refused to hire a design artist and sketched one out himself, no sense of style at all. I can not see HAL spending the money on enamel pins like they used to offer, but surely they could offer a smaller, oval, more attractive pin at the same cost.

The 5 star pin is the latest in a line of star pins. I don't see why HAL would change the format in mid-stream. No doubt there will eventually be a 6 star pin.

HAL has announces no more medallion pins, so that is the end of the line for the small oval pins. To make the star pins in that image would really confuse the issue!

Smart girl! Definitely get it in writing and take it with you. From reading your posts, especially since you have one booking number, I am thinking thaty will say it is one cruise. That isn't going to help with getting the 5 star benefits on the second leg.

Really hope that everything goes smoothly for you! Look forward to reading about your spa and cooking class freebie!

I agree they are going to look at it as one cruise.... A collector's cruise is one cruise - presumably.

The 5 star pin is the latest in a line of star pins. I don't see why HAL would change the format in mid-stream. No doubt there will eventually be a 6 star pin.

HAL has announces no more medallion pins, so that is the end of the line for the small oval pins. To make the star pins in that image would really confuse the issue

I also agree with this.

What's with me being so agreeable today? :D :eek:

I agree they are going to look at it as one cruise.... A collector's cruise is one cruise - presumably.

I also agree with this.

What's with me being so agreeable today? :D :eek:

Oh, you are always agreeable. Sometimes it just doesn't show?

I am going to feel really bad if Kakalina has a problem with the 5 star level. The ships seem to go their own way, so this is a sticky situation.

Oh boy do I get it...... :eek:

Shocking how many cruises it took for us to get to Platinum Medallion as DH is not retired and we cannot take long cruises. I think the longest cruises we ever took was maybe 17 days. To get to 700 'real' days took loads of wonderful HAL 7/10/14 days cruises. :D

Hope we all here on this forum get to enjoy loads more cruises. :)

It took us about 25 cruises to get to Gold. Our longest was 63 days. Our first cruise was a 7 day one, then we forged into a 20 day one and never looked back! Maybe way in the future when we are seniors we will prefer to be away for fewer days at a time. Change is good!

Sail: I can imagine that you are a champion packer and could do it in your sleep! You must have a book in you about how to pack for cruises!

To make the star pins in that image would really confuse the issue!

We all know it isn't like HAL to confuse an issue. ;)

Retreat vs Retreat

Oasis vs Oasis

Explorers Lounge vs Explorations Cafe

Master Chef's Dinner vs International Master Chef's Dinner vs Master Chef's Table

I could go on.... :D

We all know it isn't like HAL to confuse an issue. ;)

Retreat vs Retreat

Oasis vs Oasis

Explorers Lounge vs Explorations Cafe

Master Chef's Dinner vs International Master Chef's Dinner vs Master Chef's Table

I could go on.... :D

LOL....... Yah, you have a point. :)

Archived