Mr. John s.

johjohjus

They will not put two strangers into the same cabin.

Some cabin will how a third person or even a fourth. If the three of you want to share, you would have to book as three in one cabin.

An alternative is for two to be in one cabin and one in another. This will be more expensive for the solo person as he or she will be paying for the entire room.

How do cruise lines handle three people traveling together? Does the third person need to book a seperate room, share with an unknown person, rollaway bed, etc?

I'm guessing you're cruising with two other people, all adults? If that's the case, all ships have cabins set up for three people. Those cabins have either a convertible sofa bed, a bed that pulls own from the wall or ceiling or they will bring in a roll away bed. Of course the third person can book their own cabin, but they will pay double the cruise fare. No cruise line assigns total strangers together in a cabin----it's not like going to summer camp where strangers bunk together.

They will not put two strangers into the same cabin.

Some cabin will how a third person or even a fourth. If the three of you want to share, you would have to book as three in one cabin.

An alternative is for two to be in one cabin and one in another. This will be more expensive for the solo person as he or she will be paying for the entire room.

I'm old enough to remember when several cruise lines (Carnival mostly) had a "guarantee share" program.

You got the double occupancy rate (no single supplement) but the cruise line could put another passenger of the same sex in the cabin. If I remember right you could request a non-smoking cabin mate but it wasn't guaranteed. Our agency probably booked a couple of dozen clients this way over the years and they NEVER got placed with a roommate. I don't know if that was just luck or what.

HAL had (and may still have) a singles share program. They would assign two singles of same sex, non-smokers, to a cabin and these strangers would meet and share their cabin. I know a lady who did that several times and she said it 'mostly' worked out fine for her. It was a good money saver but not suitable for everyone, obviously.

OP.... if you are three adult people who know each other and want to sail together, book a cabin that holds three people. All ships have such a cabin.

Archived