Food? Who is better at it?

Sooner61

The desserts on HAL are very disappointing, especially the cakes. This is a common opinion over on the HAL board. By the 2nd half of our cruise, we skipped dessert and headed for the Lido for an ice cream instead.

We have sailed on HAL for several years.

And each year we think their desserts just get worse -- more so since they hired Rudi Sodamin.

• 3 months later...

thanks to all for posting your opinions. I spoke to friend who has cruised twice. He went to Alaska this past summer on Princess. He said food was just a notch better than Shoney's. Wow hard to believe that from a guy I would not cast as a foodie. I have cruised on Carnival and had no problem and enjoyed every single meal . So I guess "to each their own.":rolleyes:

Among mass-market lines (which category probably should not include Oceania), I would say HAL, Cunard and Celebrity are best, then Princess and Royal Caribbean on a par, followed by Carnival, then NCL in dead last . Of course, the speciality restaurants on all lines are generally better than MDR's.

Cunard mass market? Thought they were higher.

I would put HAL below Celebrity, but tastes differ, and cruises do, too.