Honeymoon on The Allure

I've read a few posts saying to make sure to tell people it's your honeymoon. Other than putting it on your reservation, who do you tell and what can you really hope for? Also, this is my first time on Allure, are there any tips or suggestions? We are on the Feb 24th sailing.

I know not to use the main buffet area (I think windjammers or something)the first few days.

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been posted a thousand times before.

We got nothing special out of telling people it was our honeymoon on the Allure - we traveled last April/May.

If you like cocktails, and assuming they still do it, just about every evening from 10-11PM in Blaze it was BOGO for cocktails. That was one thing we enjoyed, mostly because we don't drink often due to the costs.

Make sure you get one of those roast beef sandwiches from the cafe in Central Park.

Take an evening stroll in Central Park. If the duet (cellist and violin) are up there playing (they did this on Formal Night on our cruise a year or so ago) it makes for a very romantic moment.

If you want a very special meal go to one of the upscale restaurants. 150 Central Park is a very nice experience. It is a wonderful tasting menu and takes about 2 hours. Chops is always a winner for steak. There is also Vintages for a nice wine.

I've read a few posts saying to make sure to tell people it's your honeymoon. Other than putting it on your reservation, who do you tell and what can you really hope for? Also, this is my first time on Allure, are there any tips or suggestions? We are on the Feb 24th sailing.

I know not to use the main buffet area (I think windjammers or something)the first few days.

Thanks for the help and sorry if this has been posted a thousand times before.

First, congratulations! (At the welcome show, they’ll ask the audience if there are any honeymooners...and they may sing to you during dinner.) Second, welcome to cruise critic. (We are relatively new to Cruise Critic but have learned so much from members here…and we’ve been cruising for over 30 years.) We were on the inaugural sailing of the Allure and did not see everything after a week. We had to sail a second time...

If you decide to leave your cabin :D…seriously…, here are some things to do on the Allure:

· Zipline. We watched a 92 yr. young lady smile all the way across.

· Carousel. Not just for kids…and can be romantic.

· Flowrider. Not many will try it…but be careful not to lose your top or shorts. :)

· Rising Tide Bar. Ride it at least once going up or down…no need to buy a drink.

· Johnny Rockets. Have breakfast there…no extra charge.

· Park Café. Famous for the delicious Roastbeef sandwich…and also serves wonderful breakfast burrito in the morning.

· Solarium Bistro/Grill. If you prefer healthy meals…you’d love this place.

· Ice Skating Rink. Yes, you can skate…but this venue is also used to show TV shows on an massive screen…and stadium seating.

· Whirlpools. The ones just outside the Solarium has large-screen TV’s!

· Pinnacle Chapel. In case you’d like to say “I do” again.

· Jogging Track. Arguably, the best track for running or walking at sea. There are lounge chairs in the back and a wonderful view of the ocean and aqua theatre.

· Fitness Center/Spa. One of the best gyms you’ll find on any ship. There is a small café by the entrance on Deck 6. Most passengers ignore it…but most of the food are included, no charge. The gal behind the counter was happy to give you anything you want. Problem is…you may have just finished working out for an hour and it will take only one cup of that delicious fruit cup to put the calories back in.

· Central Park. Early morning or late evening stroll…romantic. Listen to the birds…sorry, the bird sounds are piped-in.

· Aqua Theatre. Watch the crew when they practice or drain the water…amazing.

The list can go on...perhaps others will chime in. Lastly, don't forget to complete your show reservations online along with your other documents. Happy sailing!...happy honeymoon. :)

Archived