New Cruiser...Passport Storage

macdon221

Good Day All,

A new cruiser..found a wealth of information on this site.

Many Thanks.

A question.....when you do a day excursion/water activity, what type of storage do you use for your passport/travel documents to prevent them from getting wet?

I really dont want to leave my passport just sitting somewhere if we decide to take in some water activites.

Many thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers

Macdon221

Good Day All,

Many Thanks.

A question.....when you do a day excursion/water activity, what type of storage do you use for your passport/travel documents to prevent them from getting wet?

I really dont want to leave my passport just sitting somewhere if we decide to take in some water activites.

Cheers

Macdon221

I bought a waterproof passport holder from Magellan's a few years back. Works like a charm :D

Good Day All,

Many Thanks.

Cheers

Macdon221

To prevent my passport/travel docs from getting wet, I leave them in the cabin safe.:)

I've only taken the ship's plastic I.D.,drivers license and a credit card (and a little cash) for excursions.

It depends on what you plan to do and where you are going. Check with your ship on what's required.

We are Australian & we've only cruised Australia and Pacific Islands. On our cruises we have locked our passports in the room safe as soon as we access our room on boarding day.

We have only needed our Sail Pass card to leave and return to the ship at the ports.

It may be different in different countries??

Good Day All,

Many Thanks.

Cheers

Macdon221

We always leave our passports in the room safe. In port we bring our photo ID such as drivers license and sea pass card. Don't forgot to bring money!!

Teddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most of the time the passports stay in the safe in the room. On some cruises though the passport is needed for some excursions. For example, some of the Alaska cruise excursions out of Skagway go into British Columbia. For those excursions, you are required to carry the passport with you to enter Canada and return to Alaska.

On my first RC cruise, i did the Mediterranean and greek islands...

When boarding, they kept our passports because in turkey they needed to be stamped.. (i got my passport at the end of the cruise)..

So, its not necesary to take your passport on every port..

Good Day All,

Many Thanks.

Cheers

Macdon221

Unless it is required, we never take our passports out of the room safe. In the Carib. all you need is a driver's license and your Sea Pass. We have cruised the Med twice and the same applies. The only country that a passport was required was in Croatia and this may changed. Passports are just too valuable.

I too leave the passport in the safe. I bought a waterproof id holder from Amazon for about 6 dollars. It holds the sea pass, driver's license, credit card and cash. It's on a lanyard so you can put aound your neck if you go in the water.

http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Dry-Alligator-Wallet/dp/B000BJ7WHE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358429026&sr=8-2&keywords=waterproof+id+holder

I read somewhere to photocopy passports and carry the copies ashore as well as drivers license and sea pass. We did this when in London and Paris as well.

Good Morning,

We always leave the Passports in the safe (unless told otherwise). We ALWAYS CARRY: Sea Pass, A COPY of the PP, ( take originals of driver's licenses, medical cards) , we also leave a copy of licenses, med. cards in the safe as well).

Safe sails.

Archived