Look Who is Plagiarizing Cruise Critic-Hotwire

If you see this link Hotwire is taking word for word the review of The Navigator Of The Seas along with reviews without even giving credit to Cruise Critic. Did they have permission to take our reviews without letting us know? I would have at least expected to see credit to Cruise Critic. Mods please check this out with regards to other ships. Thanks

Hotwire Navigator Of The Seas Review

http://cruise.hotwire.com/Ship.aspx?item=400187&sr=Y&csi=6990187052

Cruise Critic Navigator Of The Seas Review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=264

Who had the information first?

I scrolled all the way down and in very small print it says reviews provided by Cruise Critic but this should have been made known in larger Print with a Cruise Critic Logo.

This fantastic resource is provided free to us. Cruise Critic makes money, amongst other ways, by licensing its content to other websites (the reviews section costs £2,500/month in the UK). When you became a member you agreed to this:

You hereby grant Cruise Critic the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in our message board community (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed

This fantastic resource is provided free to us. Cruise Critic makes money, amongst other ways, by licensing its content to other websites (the reviews section costs £2,500/month in the UK). When you became a member you agreed to this:

You hereby grant Cruise Critic the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in our message board community (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed

Oh.

Guess I really need to start reading small print. :rolleyes:

CruiseCritic is owned by TripAdvisor, Inc., which was spun off from Expedia, Inc. in 2011 to form a separate company and Expedia is the owner of Hotwire. Barry Diller is the Chairman of IAC as well, from which Expedia was spun off in 2005.

So, there are a lot of connections between all the related and non-related websites and they do share information and content at some level.

TripAdvisor even has a relationship now with Facebook, which even brings them in to the picture.

CruiseCritic is owned by TripAdvisor, Inc., which was spun off from Expedia, Inc. in 2011 to form a separate company and Expedia is the owner of Hotwire.

:eek:OMG!

All this time I thought CC was run by a bunch of blue-haired grannies typing out reviews on old IBM Selectrics in the back of a Salon in Miami Beach!

Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, and now this!:(

What's next? The girl who I met on Twitter isn't real?:eek:

Then maybe someday they will give us a LIKE button??!!

CruiseCritic is owned by TripAdvisor, Inc., which was spun off from Expedia, Inc. in 2011 to form a separate company and Expedia is the owner of Hotwire. Barry Diller is the Chairman of IAC as well, from which Expedia was spun off in 2005.

So, there are a lot of connections between all the related and non-related websites and they do share information and content at some level.

TripAdvisor even has a relationship now with Facebook, which even brings them in to the picture.

I didn't know this. Thanks for sharing it.

Archived