Best Beach Front Resort Fort Lauderdale?

Jozy92

Our family is planning on an extended vacation in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise.

Which family friendly (with kids) beach front resort would you recommend?

Also which activities or places nearby would you recommend visiting?

Thanks for your help:o

• 4 weeks later...

Lago Mar Fort Lauderdale

Westin Diplomat Holywood

And not necessarily in that order. Both hotels are directly on the beach, have great pools and are kid friendly. Even though I have seen people comment that Westin Diplomat may not be kid friendly that was not what we found. In fact each day we were there they had organized activities and challenges for the kids.

You don't say how long you will be staying???? 2 days? 5 days???

7 days???

If you won't have a car I'd stay in Ft. L. Easy to get around and close to restaurants, stores etc.

The Westin Diplomat is not in easy walking distance (for kids) to a variety of restaurants. (More than a half mile) I think you'd be better off staying in one of the smaller places along the Broadwalk there with kids, as there are bikes to rent, great beach, restaurants etc. if wanting Hollywood with no car and kids.

Thanks everyone for your help.

I think we plan on staying 3-5 days after the cruise and 1-2 days before the cruise.

We would rather not rent a car if we don't have to - so walking distance to activities, restaurants would be great.

:)

Hands down the Hilton! We love it and it is right there in the middle of things to do! We never even rent a car when we stay there for a week. Take a taxi to Las Olas (or the water taxi down the street).

Have fun!

PS Love the beach there!:D

As a Fort Lauderdale hotel addict, here are my recommendations:

1. Lago Mar

2. Marriott Harbour Beach

The above two are smack on the sand, can't be beaten

Across street from beach but luxurious accomodations:

1. The Ritz Carlton

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

1. Lago Mar

Across street from beach but luxurious accomodations:

1. The Ritz Carlton

Worldspan

131 cruises strong

I actually prefer the Ritz for the wonderful pool deck. Since the pool is on the sixth or seventh floor, it affords an amazing view of the beach, and unless you walk to the railing and look down, you wouldn't even know there is a street there. The access using the pedestrian bridge over to the beach is tough to top as well.

1. Lago Mar

Those are the exact two I am trying to decide between.

Keeping in mind, we don't plan on renting a car. Which resort is walking distance to other restaurants, shopping, fun stuff etc.

Thanks alot

1. Lago Mar

Those are the exact two I am trying to decide between.

Keeping in mind, we don't plan on renting a car. Which resort is walking distance to other restaurants, shopping, fun stuff etc.

Thanks alot

The way that Fort Laud beach is developed is that the only hotels right on the beach are beyond the shopping/dining district. Marriott is a little far from stuff but it is walkable. Lago Mar isn't walkable to stuff at all, but they do have free parking if you decide to rent a car.

Another vote for the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. Just take the trolley for $1 each to the boardwalk for inexpensive family meals. Breakfasts items like pastries, cereals, juice and coffee can be purchased quite inexpensively in the hotel deli.

We have stayed at the Westin Beach Resort and Spa and loved it. Nice pool area, close to shops and restaurants so you can walk there and it has the sky walk to get to the beach, so no crossing the busy road. :)

Westin for us also - Love sitting on the deck overlooking the Beach at night with the fires and drinks - Plus the Marriott Beach and Harbour

The way that Fort Laud beach is developed is that the only hotels right on the beach are beyond the shopping/dining district. Marriott is a little far from stuff but it is walkable. Lago Mar isn't walkable to stuff at all, but they do have free parking if you decide to rent a car.

If God wanted people to walk, he would not allowed the making of a Bentley ;)

Another vote for the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa. Just take the trolley for $1 each to the boardwalk for inexpensive family meals. Breakfasts items like pastries, cereals, juice and coffee can be purchased quite inexpensively in the hotel deli.

The trolley runs only Thurs. thru Monday. We walked to the broadwalk on the off days. But with young kids, could be too much. Cabbed to downtown too.

We were at the Westin Diplomat for 2 days pre-cruise just a couple of weeks ago. It is very family friendly. The resort is large with a beautiful lobby. The swimming pool area is huge and the pools were clean and warm. There were lots of families at the Diplomat and all the kids seemed to have fun. The children were not running wild. I really don't know if you need to leave this resort once you get there. There are lots of places to eat from a sports bar to a fine dining restaurant. There is also a convenient deli off the lobby where you can pick up a salad, sandwich, bottle of wine....

We paid for club level and there were lots of children in there also enjoying breakfast or the late afternoon appetizers. Also the club level lounge if absolutely beautiful. Hope this helps a bit.

Ruthk,

St. Catharines, Ontario,

Canada.

Archived