Kids on Cocktail Night

Hi Everyone,

I have been around for a couple of years but for the life of me cannot remember my username or email address I used. So I started a new one. Anyways we are about to go on our first cruise, FINALLY. Had a few false starts and canceled cruises :(

Anyways I've tried searching for an answer on kids getting dress up for cocktail night. Now I know the kids don't do the adult thing but do they get dressed up in formal for dinner? And then if the adults are off doing other things they go to the kids centres?

TIA for answers :)

Hi Everyone,

I have been around for a couple of years but for the life of me cannot remember my username or email address I used. So I started a new one. Anyways we are about to go on our first cruise, FINALLY. Had a few false starts and canceled cruises :(

Anyways I've tried searching for an answer on kids getting dress up for cocktail night. Now I know the kids don't do the adult thing but do they get dressed up in formal for dinner? And then if the adults are off doing other things they go to the kids centres?

TIA for answers :)

yes they are but only with in the hrs of the kids club

Nothing cuter than seeing a young girl in a long fancy dress and a young boy in a Tux :) I have noticed that some of the op-shops have "formal wear" for children very cheap -- I think they must be ex-wedding rental stuff.

I remember on our Oriana cruise there was a family of four -- both young boys around 6-7 in Tuxes on Formal night. They apparently had always been taken to eat out in Restaurants from birth and had been well trained -- best behaved kids at the table that I have even seen.

Barry

Thank you both for your replies. I'm hoping my kids show manners but as we all know kids can be unpredictable lol. I've had them in training at dinner with manners and telling them "remember you can't do that on the ship" lol. I have been looking at both op shops and ebay for items for the kids, I really want to get a family photo of us all dressed up cause I don't know when we would be like that again :D.

Thank you again

We had our kids dressed up (girl in pretty expensive dress, boy in black pants and shirt), but they were far more over-dressed than the majority of children. A lot of them were still in jeans and tidy T-shirts. Even a lot of the adults were - I wore a cocktail dress, nothing that fancy though, and felt a little out of place.

We had our kids dressed up (girl in pretty expensive dress, boy in black pants and shirt), but they were far more over-dressed than the majority of children. A lot of them were still in jeans and tidy T-shirts. Even a lot of the adults were - I wore a cocktail dress, nothing that fancy though, and felt a little out of place.

Thats a shame about feeling out of place. I really want us to be dressed up because I would love a great family picture of us all and that is so rare with such a large family as ours.

• 3 weeks later...

We always dress up and get Photos taken.

My children know what is expected from them as far as behaviour on a special night and have never been an issue.

Our Teenage boys in Suits and Ties and even our Seven year old in a small suit and Bow-tie,

They enjoy the experience as well (for a while :))

How often do you get the chance to dress up nowadays?

We always dress up and get Photos taken.

My children know what is expected from them as far as behaviour on a special night and have never been an issue.

Our Teenage boys in Suits and Ties and even our Seven year old in a small suit and Bow-tie,

They enjoy the experience as well (for a while :))

How often do you get the chance to dress up nowadays?

That is great to hear Mikey, parents with some decorum re dress and passing it on to their children, well done !

• 1 month later...

Archived