Faster to the Fun

PA Beachlovers

I see on our upcoming cruise they now offer the Faster to the Fun program. It sounds like a good program but wondering if it is worth the money to board the ship early and avoid the lines, there are some other benefits included with it. The reviews on Carnival are all positive just wondering if anyone else has used this yet. It says there are a limited number sold for each cruise.

We are using it on the 2nd. I like it because I hate lugging our carry ons around and we plan on being at port by 11:00. Having the room ready when we board is worth it alone! We also get priority boarding at tender port Belize. And we get to pick when we disembark after the cruise.

Just used it on he 1/12 sailing of the Dream. It was great !! We got to the port at 11 and were on the ship by 11:20 am. We never sat down just walked straight through. Also have your own line at guest services and priority for steakhouse reservations. Disembark we had zone 2 tags and were off the ship by 8:15 am. Well worth the $50.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought it for my upcoming cruise because i want to get on my aft wrap balcony as soon as I can. To me $50.00 was worth that alone. We have no tender ports and will do self disembark so those things don't even come into play. Can't wait!!!!!

We used it on the Liberty and it worked out OK. The line was long when we boarded, but it sure was nice to be able to go straight to your cabin and drop off your luggage. It was also nice when you needed to go to guest services and didn't have to stand in the long line there.

there is a limit of 30 cabins per sailing- released in 15 increments.

it is per cabin so if your family has two cabins you gotta buy 2

for my sailing on the 27th there is still 11 available

I bought it shortly after we booked our cruise for Jan. 2014. From what I've read, if you have smaller kids it is so worth the money. We have an 8, 9 and 13 year old. They aren't particularly considered small any longer, but our 9 year old has Down Syndrome. We figured if fast passes at Disney World are a life saver, then this would be similar. If my child with special needs wasn't with us (we would never leave her out of a family vacation, but you get the idea) we would probably not spend the extra money.

WhoHoo! I was just able to get F2F for our Magic cruise on March 31st! It had been saying sold out, but I checked just now and grabbed it! I really hate lines and DS is just like me. Taking CCL transfers so timing for arrival to the port is out of my control. Feel much better now!

Okay stupid question... We have the FTTF due to being Platinum. First time being Platinum we still couldn't get to our cabin early on our lasted cruise, but herd that has changed. Can you stay in your room if you choose? I mean do have to drop the bags off and leave? I know its a stupid question but had to ask.

I wouldn't mind going to get some lunch and bring it back to the room and eat on the balcony..... instead of eating on a crowded Lido deck.

Okay stupid question... We have the FTTF due to being Platinum. First time being Platinum we still couldn't get to our cabin early on our lasted cruise, but herd that has changed. Can you stay in your room if you choose? I mean do have to drop the bags off and leave? I know its a stupid question but had to ask.

I wouldn't mind going to get some lunch and bring it back to the room and eat on the balcony..... instead of eating on a crowded Lido deck.

There are no stupid questions, only stupid answers. My understanding is the rooms are supposed to be ready to use and occupy.

I've yet to figure out how it's worth it. Here's what you get...

Priority Check-in with Express Boarding

- Yes, you are near the first ones to get on, but you need to be there early for it to be a benefit. I arrive at port at 10:30, they don't let anyone on till 11:00 anyways, and I was still on by 11:30 without it. I can wait 30 minutes.

Guaranteed Stateroom

- This may be a benefit to some. But does one really need in their stateroom 2 hours before they can? I carry my laptop in a bag around the ship and figure it's not that hard to do for 2 hours, after all, I'm spending 30-45 minutes of that eating and sitting.

Express Luggage

- I can't argue against this. To some this may be huge. But I've always had my luggage arrive by 5:00 pm.

Guest Services

- Never had an issue where the line wasn't that bad. Maybe just me, but only had to use Guest Services on one cruise and that wasn't a Carnival cruise.

Dining Reservations

- This is very personal preference. To some that is a nice benefit. To me, sit me at a table anywhere and I'll enjoy the cruise.

Tender Priority

- Only tendered once and I walked up to the tender and off the boat. Maybe some ships/ports have lines, haven't see them.

Debarkation

- I thought one could get off whenever they want if they do self-assist? I guess if you want your luggage taken off for you then it may help you get an earlier number as I believe you can only request later numbers at guest services. I do self-assist and leave when I feel like it.

It's hard to say if it's worth it or not. The benefits pre-cruise and post-cruise IMO are not benefits at all. During the cruise it's really hard to say as it's all dependent on how important those items are.

If it were available for the Valor on April 7, 2013, it'd be showing up under shore excursions, correct? I'm not seeing it, so I guess it isn't an option for me. :(

Possible its sold out. However, it may appear closer to your cruise. They release 15 slots. Based on expected number of Platinum bookings on your cruise, 15 slots may be released. You can check periodically or call?

Is it based upon port? We are sailing out of San Juan next month and I have been checking but have not seen it come up under the excursions tab.

It depends on how many Platinum/Diamond members they have booked. Say they want 400 people on a cruise to have the benefits and they have 250 Platinum/Diamond they may allow 150 to book FTF. But if 400 or 500 Platinum/Diamond are booked on the cruise then it won't be available at all. It's done per ship per cruise.

Okay stupid question... We have the FTTF due to being Platinum. Can you stay in your room if you choose? I mean do have to drop the bags off and leave?

That sounds like a great use of the FTTF. Nice & mellow to eat on the balcony.

It depends on how many Platinum/Diamond members they have booked. Say they want 400 people on a cruise to have the benefits and they have 250 Platinum/Diamond they may allow 150 to book FTF. But if 400 or 500 Platinum/Diamond are booked on the cruise then it won't be available at all. It's done per ship per cruise.

Great, thanks for the info.!

You don't have FTTF just because you are platinum. FTTF is actually many of the Platinum features EXCEPT the room readiness benefit from my understanding. Unless they added the room benefit to Platinum, you would basically be paying $50 for the only benefit of getting in your room early.

But yes, once you are let in you can stay in or come and go as you want. The fire doors may be shut so you will have to open them up each time (to keep other passengers out of the halls) and there may be lots of stuff in the hall but you can get to your room and it will be ready for you.

Archived