Jan 13 Breeze - Two Thumbs Up !

stampinrobin

Was on the same sailing and agree, was a great cruise.

1.The elevator were hot and made some "clank" noise sometimes, needs oil ?

2.Except for the flat iron steak who was below average, the food was really good, the waitstaff team of André, Gordanna and Iwayan was great.

3.Playlist production, bof, prefer the old shows and schedule.

4.I agree with the poor planning... lots of good thing like Mission Impossible film at 7 Pm,, had to rush to eat.

5. Past guest party... what party ? 3 songs, a speech and the video, 20-25 minutes in and out.

6.The ship is really beautiful...

7.The brunch is very delicious.

8.Sportsquare is great.

9.Chair hogging, did not see but i saw one woman who each day took a whole chair designed for 3 people (red ones with cushions) for herself to sunbath in the smoking section on deck 11.

I was happy to met John Heald and been able to thank him for the gifts sent to my son's 10 birthday in the summer of 2010.

What was the temperature in Grand Turk and Jamaica? Our turn is finally here this Sunday! We took a cove balcony last Apr & have gotten $180 OBC for early saver & the Mastercard promotion. First time we have had a credit to start with.

Seemed to be low 80's each place. I applied sun screen twice and sat under an umbrella and managed to get a slight sunburn in Jamaica!

Weather was perfect in the ports, not too hot! Water in GT was cold, very nice in Jamaica.

Was on the same sailing and agree, was a great cruise.

1.The elevator were hot and made some "clank" noise sometimes, needs oil ?

2.Except for the flat iron steak who was below average, the food was really good, the waitstaff team of André, Gordanna and Iwayan was great.

3.Playlist production, bof, prefer the old shows and schedule.

4.I agree with the poor planning... lots of good thing like Mission Impossible film at 7 Pm,, had to rush to eat.

5. Past guest party... what party ? 3 songs, a speech and the video, 20-25 minutes in and out.

6.The ship is really beautiful...

7.The brunch is very delicious.

8.Sportsquare is great.

9.Chair hogging, did not see but i saw one woman who each day took a whole chair designed for 3 people (red ones with cushions) for herself to sunbath in the smoking section on deck 11.

I was happy to met John Heald and been able to thank him for the gifts sent to my son's 10 birthday in the summer of 2010.

Isn't this funny, I had the flat iron steak on the buffet and thought it was fine. Each batch must turn out different.

I think this just goes to show how subjective reviews are. Everyone has a different experience and perception of the same thing.

I went to PhotoBucket and tried to upload some of my photos. I copied the IMG image for boards and forums and pasted in the Manage Attachment section and received an Upload error.

Wonder what I'm doing wrong.........

If you copy the IMG tags from Photobucket just paste it into you post. Don't use the Manage Attachments section or the Insert Image button. manage attachments is to upload images from your computer but you don't need to do that since you already have them on Photobucket.

Dr. Caves Beach in Jamaica. Notice past us not many people, although more came later in the morning, but it was still not crowded.

107_zps457497e4.jpg

This view is back towards the entrance later in the morning - as I mentioned keep walking when you get there, it thins out!

117_zpsc488c9ed.jpg

116_zpsfa789af5.jpg

114-1_zpsed60bc78.jpg

Great pics! We were also sailing with you....and I agree about the negativity. Have no idea where it came from. This was our second sailing on the Breeze and loved both times! I spent every night also in the piano bar with Ron..he is the best! Managed to get a seat around the bar and spent hours there!

Deb

There was one elevator in the front bank that was beyond HOT. We also found our cabin & some of the public areas a few degrees too warm. Our spa cabin balcony was uncovered and I think that contributed to some of the heat in the room.

I see you were in cabin 6395 my friend is in that same cabin. We are right next door 6399. My wife is a light sleeper and will not be happy if she hears noise all night long. I heard after I booked this cabin that we might hear noise from elevator and from the deck below is their any truth to this? Would you book this room again? How was your room steward? We are sailing in March.

Great review & pictures! I'm sailing next Sunday!

Question for you about Dr. caves in Jamaica. I've been to Jamaica a few times & having a hard time deciding what to do. Dr. caves sounds great but do a lot of cruise peeps go there? Did you feel safe catching a cab to go there?

Tia!

Sue

There was one elevator in the front bank that was beyond HOT. We also found our cabin & some of the public areas a few degrees too warm. Our spa cabin balcony was uncovered and I think that contributed to some of the heat in the room.

I must have managed to always get that elevator - ha ha

What deck has uncovered Spa balconies (for future reference).

The uncovered balcony probably did make a difference because I could tell a big difference in the Market Place dining areas, one side was considerably warmer than the other. We always found the side that the sun was not shining on.

But again, I think if they turned the A/C down a few degrees it wouldn't be so noticeable.

I see you were in cabin 6395 my friend is in that same cabin. We are right next door 6399. My wife is a light sleeper and will not be happy if she hears noise all night long. I heard after I booked this cabin that we might hear noise from elevator and from the deck below is their any truth to this? Would you book this room again? How was your room steward? We are sailing in March.

I too am a light sleeper and I was never bothered by the elevators. I would book this room again, no problems at all.

Deck 5 was quiet also. They do not light the Ocean Plaza table area at night so people don't hang out there and the hot tubs close at 8 p.m.

Room Steward was I Made - excellent and friendly. Please tell him Rob and Robin say hello and we miss him!

Great review & pictures! I'm sailing next Sunday!

Question for you about Dr. caves in Jamaica. I've been to Jamaica a few times & having a hard time deciding what to do. Dr. caves sounds great but do a lot of cruise peeps go there? Did you feel safe catching a cab to go there?

Tia!

Sue

We felt safe at all times cabbing it to Dr. Caves. Departing Dr. Caves was safe also, I think there are too many cruise passengers around for it not to be safe. I was rather amazed at how hectic it was at the entrance and was glad we got there early.

I'm sorry to be negative, but if I wasn't going to Dunns Fall in Ocho Rios I would stay on the ship.

Went there a few cruises ago, my Gal Pal and i were going to beach it at M-ville. Upon getting to the port we found out the view was pretty ugly from M-ville, so we decided to wing it and read the boards posted in the port facility. We took a cab ride to a beach. I felt safe, but the beach was ugly, water was ugly, the whole thing was UGH. We kept saying "it's better than being at work!" Sorry I can't remember the name of the beach.

When we went back to the ship we walked to M-ville to get a bite to eat and were asked many times to marry men and did we want drugs. I felt like they had to stay behind a certain line and couldn't come out to the side walk, so I didn't necessarily feel unsafe, but it was un-nerving after a while.

M-ville was not good either. We shared nachos and each got a drink, I would never go there again and it was very small.

People rave about Dunns River Falls. I personally wouldn't like climbing the falls, I'm very un-coordinated so I have no desire to go, but if you like that, I do hear good things about it.

We stay on the ship when we go to Belize as there is really nothing there for us. It's rather nice to stay on a ship when it's rather empty!

Hope that helps you with your decision. I scoured the Jamaica board before I left and made the Dr. Caves decision from that, hopefully it can help you too.

:)

We were in cove balcony on floor 2 and had no problem with temp in room. Had to keep turning thermostat up as it kept getting to cold in the room. Never noticed the ship being too warm but then I hate cold so it was probably perfect for me! I'm usually too cold on the ships.

Pat

Archived