Jan 13 Breeze - Two Thumbs Up !

stampinrobin

I was on this cruise and pretty much agree with your review. I did my own and forgot to mention a few things you remembered. The "Beverage Coves" in the Lido Buffet are terrible. Always, always, always a line at meal times. They need to switch the ice/water and the tea/lemonade machines with the coffee and hot chocolate machines. Problem solved. Also i do agree some areas were really warm. The elevators were the worst....ugh. And kudos to the Carnival Breeze staff.....everyone did work so hard to make our cruise special and were so friendly. I'm not much on rating cruise directors but i have to say i loved Butch!

We found the beverage coves to be crowded mid lido but if you walked to the back, never crowded at all. I never had to wait to get a beverage in that area.

Pat

I must have managed to always get that elevator - ha ha

What deck has uncovered Spa balconies (for future reference).

The uncovered balcony probably did make a difference because I could tell a big difference in the Market Place dining areas, one side was considerably warmer than the other. We always found the side that the sun was not shining on.

But again, I think if they turned the A/C down a few degrees it wouldn't be so noticeable.

We were on deck 12 cabin 12040

We found the beverage coves to be crowded mid lido but if you walked to the back, never crowded at all. I never had to wait to get a beverage in that area.

Pat

The one at the main pool deck in the corner was the worst. Only 1 person could get up there at a time to get a cup, ice, & their drink.

The one at the main pool deck in the corner was the worst. Only 1 person could get up there at a time to get a cup, ice, & their drink.

We must have got our drinks at off times or something, as we never had congestion - strange. I do think they could easily put two ice/water machines in each cove........

But still it's an improvement over being in the main aisle-way in the buffet area! They are slowly getting better!

We must have got our drinks at off times or something, as we never had congestion - strange. I do think they could easily put two ice/water machines in each cove........

But still it's an improvement over being in the main aisle-way in the buffet area! They are slowly getting better!

I agree. I must have eaten at odd times too. The longest line I had was 3 people. And I filled up alot. Matter of fact, I used two Mio squirt mixes. I think each is 24 fills so I must have filled up 48 times during my cruise of 6 days. LOL

Never really was a line up but the way the ice machine & the drink machine were both up in the corner it was hard for more then one person to be there. Had they been spread out a bit you could be filling a cup with tea while I was getting ice. The way they were placed you were pretty much blocking one or the other. Then you always had the worker trying to get into the same corner to restock the cups.

We felt safe at all times cabbing it to Dr. Caves. Departing Dr. Caves was safe also, I think there are too many cruise passengers around for it not to be safe. I was rather amazed at how hectic it was at the entrance and was glad we got there early.

I'm sorry to be negative, but if I wasn't going to Dunns Fall in Ocho Rios I would stay on the ship.

Went there a few cruises ago, my Gal Pal and i were going to beach it at M-ville. Upon getting to the port we found out the view was pretty ugly from M-ville, so we decided to wing it and read the boards posted in the port facility. We took a cab ride to a beach. I felt safe, but the beach was ugly, water was ugly, the whole thing was UGH. We kept saying "it's better than being at work!" Sorry I can't remember the name of the beach.

When we went back to the ship we walked to M-ville to get a bite to eat and were asked many times to marry men and did we want drugs. I felt like they had to stay behind a certain line and couldn't come out to the side walk, so I didn't necessarily feel unsafe, but it was un-nerving after a while.

M-ville was not good either. We shared nachos and each got a drink, I would never go there again and it was very small.

People rave about Dunns River Falls. I personally wouldn't like climbing the falls, I'm very un-coordinated so I have no desire to go, but if you like that, I do hear good things about it.

We stay on the ship when we go to Belize as there is really nothing there for us. It's rather nice to stay on a ship when it's rather empty!

Hope that helps you with your decision. I scoured the Jamaica board before I left and made the Dr. Caves decision from that, hopefully it can help you too.

:)

Sorry I think I accidentally hit reply without my reply...I will try and delete that one :p Anyway, if you are docking at Ocho Rios could you still catch a cab to Dr. Caves? I looked on the map but wasn't sure of the distance. We just really want to get to a decent beach in Jamaica or else stay on the ship I guess :mad:

I'm going on the Breeze 3/24. I've been reading reviews for the six day cruise and they say they stopped in Falmouth or Montego Bay. Is the Breeze no longer stopping in Ocho Rios? I don't like Montego Bay as it's too far away from everything...:confused:

Sorry I think I accidentally hit reply without my reply...I will try and delete that one :p Anyway, if you are docking at Ocho Rios could you still catch a cab to Dr. Caves? I looked on the map but wasn't sure of the distance. We just really want to get to a decent beach in Jamaica or else stay on the ship I guess :mad:

No I think it would be too far.

Just scour the Jamaica cc.com boards and see if you can come up with a beach, otherwise enjoy your day on the ship! :cool:

I'm going on the Breeze 3/24. I've been reading reviews for the six day cruise and they say they stopped in Falmouth or Montego Bay. Is the Breeze no longer stopping in Ocho Rios? I don't like Montego Bay as it's too far away from everything...:confused:

I don't really know, but I was looking at the Breeze for next year and saw Flamouth. Can you tell me about that port? Where is it and what is there to do. It seems I read about Falmouth and Montego Bay inter-changeably and get confused.

Ooh that Caribbean Colada looks like something I may have to try. Did you add the floater by chance?

I didn't, but had thought about it, but I always forgot to order it from the drink server. I don't like super sweet drinks, this one was JUST right, actually probably too right for me as they went down fast! :eek:

I'm going to try to replicate it at home some time soon!

The breeze is still stopping in Ocho rios. We go next week. I've had an awesome experience back on my first cruise in 1996.. We rented a driver for the day.. He was amazing! Stopped somewhere local, picked up red stripe beer, took us to a resort & made arrangements for us to use their beach for free, took us to Dunn river, the whole day was amazing. This could never be repeated lol. Been back a few times after... Stayed at the pier. Not great. Jamaica is

Beautiful & offers many fun options. I think we are going with our FB group to turtle river falls & gardens. It's highly rated & not busy as cruiselines don't contract with them. The reviews are better than Dunn Rivers, & it's a 15 acre waterfalls (10-14), bird aviary, etc... $20 pp entry. We will negotiate transportation at the pier for 18 of us...it's a 3 min 1/2 mile ride.

:)

Sue

Don't miss Jamaica it really is a beautiful island away from the port!

I hope they are supposed to stop in Ocho Rios! Thats where were scheduled to stop and I haven't heard of any change!

Great review and pictures.

I was on this sailing, too. We were on deck 11 and never could secure any of the yellow chairs any morning, now I know the secret 7am. They looked really comfy. We could never find a chair on the Serenity either.

We mainly used the atrium glass elevators, but one time we used the interior ones and they were hot and someone had just come from the gym:eek:!

I did encounter lines at the beverage station by the pool and one guy just cut the entire line and no one said anything to him:rolleyes:

Archived