"If I were not upon the Seas"

The Sargeant Major was deployed to Irag...

The Blackjack Dealer is selling Amway...

The Tennis Player was arrested for steriods...

The Fluttering Flag blew away...

The Lighthouse went solar...

The Seamstress cut herself and got Tetanus..

The Ballerina retired and owns a Software Consulting firm now.

But should I ever return to my former life at sea, these modifications may easily retrofit into the vamp. Now, where did I leave my Tutu?

• 3 weeks later...

We saw that skit done on Elation a couple of weeks ago. It was hysterical. I had tears rolling down my cheeks I laughed so hard! The CD (Jorge Solanos) was dressed up as the ballerina. Too funny! Also saw the "Who's Line is it Anyway" skit on Conquest in September. That was fun because it wasn't completely scripted and the crew was caught off guard a couple of times.

I saw this on Mariner of the Seas last year and absolutely loved it! I would love to get a video recording of this. I took a still picture. http://community.webshots.com/photo/199253704/530128023IzSJbi

It sounds like different cruise lines have different versions maybe. I don't remember what the first guy was--I think it was a drill instructor? Then it was blackjack dealer, tennis player, taxi driver, lighthouse keeper, undertaker, seamstress & ballerina. I wish I could remember what each of them said...it was hilarious though!

I last saw this on the Seaward in 1989 and the crew was WONDERFUL! I know the guy that got to grab the girl's boob was having the best time of all--and man, that was the hardest I'd laughed in ages!! I did get it on video, though after several moves and a new husband later (this was the honeymoon cruise with husband #2, LOL) I have no idea where it is. I know it's in a box somewhere though!!

Thanks for the reminder, it brought back good memories :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw it on the Caribbean Princess last January. It was the finale of the International Crew Talent Show. I laughed until I cried. When the CD, Graham Seymour, came out as the Ballerina and then bent over from behind ..... Oh My !!!

Does anyone know if any of the Carnival ships are doing this skit? And if not, do you know why not? This is by far the funniest thing I have ever seen the crew do on a ship in 21 years of cruising.

I was on the Carnival Liberty on Nov 24/05 and they did this skit. Not as good as the one on Princess.

Ironically enough, that is one of the first memories of my husband. You see we met while working on board the Empress of the Seas in 1997, I was new to the staff and he was already on board. He starred as the ballerina in many "sea sketch" skits as we called them, he was hilarious as the one in the tu tu, our kids get the biggest kicks out of seeing "daddy" in big balloons and pink tights, still makes me laugh to this day!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I probably have a professional photo from every cruise ship that I've been on from each ship's crew show . There was always a photo opp with one or two of the staff members in their costumes as you left the theatre.

I had also done the same skit when I was cheerleader. Last year, as my daughter's cheer coach, I had to come up with a skit for their only pep rally of the year. You guessed it!! I brought the old chestnut out of retirement. The audience and the girls just loved it!!

• 4 months later...

The best version of this that I ever saw was on the Nordic Prince in like...1988 or maybe 89? Back when the cruise staff did a lot of the actual entertaining unlike now when the most they do is run bingo and those horse racing games that I never really "got". That was really cool, you wound up really getting to know a lot of the cruise staff sometimes because you would really see them around a lot..hanging out at the pool and then..singing and dancing in the shows at night..The big productions are nice but I wish they still did that.

Archived