Confused by pricing of Oasis cabins.

ottmar

We are contemplating a cruise in March on the Oasis but in looking it over there are so many different cabins I hope some of you can clarify this for me.

The main categories as I see it are inside, ocean view. balcony and suits.

What category is a cabin that looks over to the inside like the board walk?

Are all balconies and ocean view on the outside of the ship?

Are there different categories in each and how do I find out the pricing of them.

The color codes on the deck plans don't make sense to me if the price tag is not attached, and if it is, where is it?

We are platinum and would either book direct with RCI or get a good travel agent, but since it would be just seven weeks until sailing full payment would be due anyway and I don't see the advantage of either one over the other...

Thanks a bunch. ....Ott

We are contemplating a cruise in March on the Oasis but in looking it over there are so many different cabins I hope some of you can clarify this for me.

The main categories as I see it are inside, ocean view. balcony and suits.

What category is a cabin that looks over to the inside like the board walk?

Boardwalk Balcony Cabin. B1 or B2

Are all balconies and ocean view on the outside of the ship?
Oceanview is, by definition, on the outside of the ship. But there are Oceanview Balconies, Boardwalk view balconies, and Central Park view balconies. Only the first of these three looks out on the ocean.

Are there different categories in each and how do I find out the pricing of them.
Go to http://www.rccl.com and go through the steps of booking a cabin. You will see pricing for every available category.

The color codes on the deck plans don't make sense to me if the price tag is not attached, and if it is, where is it?
The color coding is in the pricing, as described in my reply above.

We are platinum and would either book direct with RCI or get a good travel agent, but since it would be just seven weeks until sailing full payment would be due anyway and I don't see the advantage of either one over the other...

Thanks a bunch. ....Ott

By booking directly, you retain control over your booking. If there are price drops, you call RC yourself without waiting for your TA to do it. But a TA may offer incentives that you like: specialty dinner, spa treatment, OBC. Not all do, but some do.

Cabins that overlook the boardwalk and Central Park are balcony cabins, Bx and Cx, respectively.

You can get pricing by starting a booking. Don't forget that being Platinum gets you a discount on balcony or better cabins.

Ott- don't get tripped up by the mistake on the website...D1s are the same size as all other Ds but the balcony on the hump is bigger in the D1 (about 80 sq feet vs 53) even thought the website claims the D1 balcony is listed as only 50 sq feet on the website. The extra size of the balcony accounts for that price difference.

most insides lack a window, but there are also a few categories of insides that have a window that overlooks the royal promenade or central park.

Most outside cabins have a window to the ocean but there is one category with a window that overlooks the boardwalk

As mentioned above, balconies can overlook the ocean, the boardwalk or central park. All qualify for the C&A balcony discount.

Yes, you are right, there are lots of categories. What are your priorities?

Basically we want to enjoy the ship since we have been to all ports of call a number of times with RCI and other cruise lines. A balcony is preferred.

Just be aware that balconies that overlook the boardwalk or central park are NOT PRIVATE. You can see straight across to other balconies and they can see you.

If you like to have coffee in your pajamas, you must have an oceanview balcony and they cost more on this ship!

Thanks for all the help, I'll sort it out.

A travel agent online with whom we sailed before on their web site asked for the "past passenger number" which I can't seem to find. It did not accept my Crown & Anchor number.

Anyone know where I can find that number?

A travel agent online with whom we sailed before on their web site asked for the "past passenger number" which I can't seem to find. It did not accept my Crown & Anchor number.

If you call or email RC they can give it to you. :) Email may take to long ;)

Your Crown & Anchor number IS your past passenger number. You should probably ask the website contact TA why it wouldn't accept it.

>>>>As mentioned above, balconies can overlook the ocean, the boardwalk or central park. All qualify for the C&A balcony discount<<<<

Would I get that discount even when booking through a travel agent and how much is the discount?

>>>>As mentioned above, balconies can overlook the ocean, the boardwalk or central park. All qualify for the C&A balcony discount<<<<

Would I get that discount even when booking through a travel agent and how much is the discount?

Platinum balcony discount is $100 per cabin for a 7 day cruise. If booked less than 6 months in advance, the discount drops to $75. Same discount if booking with a TA.

Archived