Would This Work for bringing alcohol on board?

The do gooder booze police are out.

Yes, we smuggle on every cruise. Why? We like to have a cocktail while dressing for dinner. We spend plenty of $$ drinking at all of the bars onboard, it is a convenience thing for us, not to try and save money.

You don't lke it?

Tough, get over it.

Do you only drive 60 in a 60 mph zone? I didn't think so

Edited by Cruiser-T

We smuggle booze on every cruise and no we do not feel guilty about it. We still buy drinks at the bar but on some occasions we like to enjoy a drink or 2 while getting ready for dinner. You can get the rum runners at most liquor stores,they hold up great! Have fun and people should find other things to do other than judge:)

Cruiser-T and gapeach1970, not that I would ever commit such a horrific and unforgivable act (for which most on this board seem to think is a crime that should be punishable by hanging), but just out of curiosity what's your preferred method? My friend wants to know. :D

The do gooder booze police are out.

Yes, we smuggle on every cruise. Why? We like to have a cocktail while dressing for dinner. We spend plenty of $$ drinking at all of the bars onboard, it is a convenience thing for us, not to try and save money.

You don't lke it?

Tough, get over it.

Do you only drive 60 in a 60 mph zone? I didn't think so

This may come as a real surprise to you but many people do.:p

there's always going to be sanctimonious mopes who have nothing better to do then point fingers and bust chops of anyone who colors outside the lines.

I've heard rumors that rum runners are the best choice to bring along your favorite beverage.

Maybe if cocktails weren't 2 to 3 times the cost of what you'd pay at a bar there wouldn't be the need to circumvent the system.

Maybe if cocktails weren't 2 to 3 times the cost of what you'd pay at a bar there wouldn't be the need to circumvent the system.

2 to 3 times what you'd pay at a bar? Most of the posts I've seen on here about the cost of drinks seem to differ from that.

not sure of what you're saying. Are you saying that RCCL prices are in or out of line when ordering compared a local bar or local restaurant?

DW and I dropped went out for dinner last night, cocktails were 5 dollars - depending on where you get your drink it could be more than double that on RCCL.

We are non drinkers so this topic is of no significance to us, but out of couriosty what is a rum runner?

Rumor has it that they are a way to bring your favorite alcohol on board in such a manner to avoid the dreaded deck two review. Some folks also say that you could then buy two glasses of let's say cranberry juice with lime slices, add a splash from your rum runner you can save some serious money over the course of a week.

RCCL still makes money on the mixer but doesn't get the pleasure of overcharging for the alcohol.

If you do a Google search for rum runner flasks you might find a site or two might be of interest. From what I've heard they also sell TSA approved containers for make up, eau d' cologne, shampoo, toothpaste, saline solution and other travel necessities.

Any way, these are rumors I've heard... :D

not sure of what you're saying. Are you saying that RCCL prices are in or out of line when ordering compared a local bar or local restaurant?

DW and I dropped went out for dinner last night, cocktails were 5 dollars - depending on where you get your drink it could be more than double that on RCCL.

What I'm saying is that most of the posts on that topic imply that RCCL's prices are in line with what can be had at most bars.

Just drink the mini bottles - you might be a little tippsy getting on board, and miss the sail away -do not miss muster!! But, you might save a $1 or 2.

If you think there is no way to get booze aboard, you are a real newbie!! Lots of ways mentioned in this column so RC will know of them and give them new places to check!!

Enjoy your cruise = lots of fun when your luggage does not arrive, and you have to search for it, are you having fun now??.

Just drink the mini bottles - you might be a little tippsy getting on board, and miss the sail away -do not miss muster!! But, you might save a $1 or 2.

If you think there is no way to get booze aboard, you are a real newbie!! Lots of ways mentioned in this column so RC will know of them and give them new places to check!!

Enjoy your cruise = lots of fun when your luggage does not arrive, and you have to search for it, are you having fun now??.

I can hear you shaking your fist lol! Get off my lawn, you dang kids!! :p

We are non drinkers so this topic is of no significance to us, but out of couriosty what is a rum runner?

A rum runner is a very fast, rather small boat, that was built to take liquor from one port to another, during the days of Prohibition.

They were built to outrun the Coast Guard, and other patrol boats, so that they could safely smuggle liquor to those that were willing to pay the price, such as speak easys, who in turn sold it to the general public.

Some were caught. Others made a fortune, and owned more than one rum runner.

I hope that this answers your question!;)

Rick

You'd feel like you lost a lot if anonymous people on a mesage board thought badly of you? :D

My integrity is important to me. I would think less of myself for having done it, and I would be horribly embarrassed if anyone found me doing it.

I don't steal.

I don't perpetrate frauds.

If anyone feels the need to make fun of that, well, then I can pretty much feel sure that nothing I could say would make them understand, because our foundations are just very different from one another.

there's always going to be sanctimonious mopes who have nothing better to do then point fingers and bust chops of anyone who colors outside the lines.

I've heard rumors that rum runners are the best choice to bring along your favorite beverage.

"If they wouldn't make cars so doggoned expensive, I wouldn't have to steal one."

Okay....

Vacations are not ours by right. They are a luxury. No one is forced to take a cruise, and if you (generic) can't afford to cruise AND drink their liquor, maybe you don't do one or the other.

Just a thought: one day the cruise lines might start cross referencing the posts on here... posts and roll calls. Then they might have a little more guidance on whose bags to look a little more closely at.

We all pick what laws and rules to obey in life, and basically no one obeys them all. As a society we typically violate rule/laws that we find to be rediculous or unfair. There was once a time when some young men that decided to sit and eat at a Woolworth counter when the laws of the day said they could not - due to the color of their skin. They were all arrested but that law was eventually overturned and now we marvel at how stupid a law it was.

If you choose to go over the speed limit, that is your choice, you may, or may not, get a ticket. If you choose to smuggle in booze, that is your choice, you may or may not get away with it. It's a personal choice. Personally, I find the rule a bit unfair and I make my choice. Having cruised off and on for the last 25 years, I remember - fondly, the days of no security screening and buying and openly bringing booze on board and then restocking at every port of call. Ahhh, those were the days.

In any event, I won't judge you if you choose to pay for your booze through any cruise line, nor will I judge you if you decide to bring your own.