The Brilliant Reflection - A Review of 1-12-2013 Sailing with Photos (Very Long)

librarylady19

Hi librarylady19,

I want to Thank You for your wonderful review. It was a big help for our cruise of March 16 th on the Reflection.

Just want to add about the Qsine and that wonderful server that you are talking about. She was a lot of fun and a great person. I beleive this is her and her name is Evica.

This is my first time posting a picture and did it as an attahment. How do you get the large pictures in your review?

Vie

Yep, that looks like Evika!! She's the best--one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise on Millennium last summer were the two evenings we spent with her at Qsine. We're looking forward to at least two meals (if not more) under her protective care at Qsine on Reflection's upcoming TA cruise.

Hi Sandi,

We leave for our Southern Carribean Cruise in less than 24 hrs on Summit, different ship but am really getting excited reading your review/pictures, especially the views from the Fort San Cristibal. I saw your husband's shirt Alaskan Brewing Co. That was our last Cruise 7-2012. We visited the Brewing Co in Juneau after trekking up the Western Trail to the Glacier at Mendenhall.

Thanks again,

leslie

Just sat here for hour reading this forum wonderful enjoyed every minute can't wait now for our cruise in June first one for us Alaska on Centery

Glad you enjoyed the review. Our first cruise was in the Century; 4 years later I'm still bitten by the cruise bug!!

Hi, Sandi

I just sent some info to your CC address about Aqua Class Cabins 2102 and 2106 on Reflection.

I still enjoy rereading your Reflection review! I just love looking at the pictures all over again......sweet memories!

Thanks again for your detailed review!

Ellen

Seizing the moment, I headed up to the Solarium to enjoy a dip in the pool and hot tub while it was also very sparsely populated.

The Solarium is one of my very favorite features of the S Class ships and this iteration did not disappoint - a lovely space.

I do believe there were extra rows of loungers due to the pool deck being wider.

P1010305_zps8849fbb2.jpg

P1010304_zps69105791.jpg

P1010301_zpsadd7072e.jpg

P1010306_zpse5cb3940.jpg

I even got one of the coveted cabanas all to myself.

A note here about chair hogs: I did see some of this but not to the extent I have witnessed on other cruises. The bigger problem was people leaving mounds of used towels on loungers and walking off. I realize we are on vacation, but it's courteous to put the towels in the bins so other people know the chairs are unoccupied (I removed them myself more than once).

I overheard two people complaining that their items were removed from the chairs and I had to bite my tongue not to interject a choice comment there:)

Great review and pictures. You can't imagine, how I miss the Solarium. :(

Hi there!

Your posts are very informative and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write up your experiences.

I am going on the Reflection next Saturday. I can't wait!

My question is - on those rooms that say they have a convertible sofa, is that in addition to the regular bed? I know that this may sound stupid but I notice that some of them say one upper birth and I also don't know what that means. Sorry to be so dense, but thanks for your help. :-)

Hi there!

Your posts are very informative and I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write up your experiences.

My question is - on those rooms that say they have a convertible sofa' date=' is that in addition to the regular bed? I know that this may sound stupid but I notice that some of them say one upper birth and I also don't know what that means. Sorry to be so dense, but thanks for your help. :-)[/quote']

Thanks for the compliment. Always glad to help! I see this is our first post - welcome to Cruise Critic. There are many knowledgeable and enthusiastic cruisers here on CC.

I do not have a definitive answer to your question as I have only been in Aqua class on the S class ships (that are designed for 2 and do not have sofa beds). I believe there are cabins for 4 that have a sofa pull out and a drop down berth

Edited by librarylady19

Hi there!

My question is - on those rooms that say they have a convertible sofa' date=' is that in addition to the regular bed? I know that this may sound stupid but I notice that some of them say one upper birth and I also don't know what that means. Sorry to be so dense, but thanks for your help. :-)[/quote']

And please chime on the Official Roll Call for our sailing, we would love to introduce you to all of us who are sailing with you! Become one of the Celebrity Reflectioneers!

Kudos to LibraryLady19!

I have expected this board to be a good resource for information - which I have gotten in spades. I have in some cases contributed and passed along what I learned.

LibraryLady19 is currently the champion in that regard and has frankly shot that way above anything I expected. We booked our Reflection cruise for next January on general affirmations from friends about the line, this class and the newness of the ship. I've been patrolling for information on Reflection ever since and you've given far more than anyone. I especially appreciate the pics of the Hidaway and game areas - I have not seen anything about those elsewhere yet.

And your comprehensive interactive spreadsheet on Solstice class cabins is unbelievable. My only hitch is I booked our room (7249) before seeing it. At least I can anticipate the potential noise & aromas from the smoking area on deck 5 below. Perhaps we will be blessed with fair winds and it won't be an issue. I wouldn't think so while underway.

Why would someone do all this? Well, my brother is a librarian and I know librarians love helping other people find information. You're doing that to the nth degree. I posted this in another spot but wanted to make sure you heard this:

THANK YOU, LINDA!!!

Tim :)

Well, thanks so much; glad you found my review helpful. (You are so right about librarians, we can't help ourselves!!) Just one thing though....who's Linda? My name is Sandi:)

Not to be picky....

Edited by librarylady19

Well, thanks so much; glad you found my review helpful. (You are so right about librarians, we can't help ourselves!!) Just one thing though....who's Linda? My name is Sandi:)

Not to be picky....

LOL

Wonder if her name is Linda...as in:

Love,

Linda

In any case theologizer....I agree with you 100% about Sandi and all she does for CC.

I had the pleasure of sailing with her/them on the Reflections cruise. And I wonder how they were able to take so many photos and partake in so many activities....and still enjoy a relaxing cruise. Amazing!

Becky

Not to be picky....

So sorry Sandi - my bad. But hey, if I'm going to foul up a thank you why not in big bold letters. :o

Maybe a timely reminder for everyone (and those that don't knw).

Don't forget the sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity forum where people post their opinions of various cabins. Do a search on there before asking here as you may have your answer sitting there waiting for you already.

For example I have posted my views of hump slant 8228 which I thought was great and had no viewing issues (as long as you wanted to see straight out, forward or down). Have even posted some pics of it.

Not everyone posts pics tho.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018&page=95

Edited by 6andy6

Maybe a timely reminder for everyone (and those that don't knw).

Don't forget the sticky thread at the top of the Celebrity forum where people post their opinions of various cabins. Do a search on there before asking here as you may have your answer sitting there waiting for you already.

For example I have posted my views of hump slant 8228 which I thought was great and had no viewing issues (as long as you wanted to see straight out, forward or down). Have even posted some pics of it.

Not everyone posts pics tho.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018&page=95

Ignore my post..dunno how that happened but it wasn't the thread I had intended to post it in. :confused:

Wow, I didn't recognise the sunset bar - so different from the other ships

By the way, how did you time the embarkation so nobody else was at check in?

Actually, the Sunset Bar was the main reason we switched from Silhouette to Reflection. Once I saw Andreas Depping's amazing photos I knew I had to explore this ship.

I loved the design and decor of the Sunset Bar - purple is my favorite color. i think its a wonderful improvement except for the fact that smoking is allowed on the port side including cigars (that's the case on all X ships I think). Does limit where one can sit if you are bothered by smoke.

We arrived at port at 10:45 am I think. Fortunately not too many other people were as antsy as we were! This was in Miami and prior to the recent issues with customs so it might not be advisable to try this at present.

Edited by librarylady19

• 1 month later...