Late night travel Seattle to Vancouver

happy cruzer

Hi,

Has anyone done a late night run from Seattle Tacouma airport to Vancouver airport?

Our plane arrives at 11:35pm.

Hopefully, the rent car desks stay open? How long to travel at that time of night on a Sat night/ Sunday morning? What about the border crossing?

All advice is welcome.

Thanks.

rental desk hrs vary but if you reserve and let them know late arrival most will wait for the flight. Stay with a major player not some off airport site. It 2 and 1/2 hrs to the border then another 45 minutes into Vancouver. Is there a reason you want to do this that late at nite? Border crossing are 24 hrs.

Thank you for the input. Flight is booked.

We may do a hotel but it would only be for a few hours and I'm not sure I would get any sleep. So just renting the car and driving might be the best bet. Arrive in Vancouver and then kill time until boarding. At least we would know that we made the ship.

We do shift work so are bit used to weird hours.

We may do a hotel but it would only be for a few hours and I'm not sure I would get any sleep. So just renting the car and driving might be the best bet. Arrive in Vancouver and then kill time until boarding. At least we would know that we made the ship.

You might be able to book the QuickCoach/QuickShuttle bus from SEATAC to your cruise ship dock in Vancouver. I think the earliest bus leaves SEATAC at about 6:00 AM. So you would have to kill time until then.

Not sure about renting in the US but Canadian companies often charge large drop off charges for one way rentals. Basically the cost of getting their vehicle back plus a premium. You might want to check this out because a US car won't be staying in Canada to be rented out as our safety standards differ. The use of some sort of other transportation may be cheaper.

Hi,

Has anyone done a late night run from Seattle Tacouma airport to Vancouver airport?

Our plane arrives at 11:35pm.

Hopefully, the rent car desks stay open? How long to travel at that time of night on a Sat night/ Sunday morning? What about the border crossing?

All advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Rental desks should be open late at the major agencies. Border is normally a breeze by the time you'll reach it (2:30am). Other option is overnight in Seattle and catch the early train (7am IIRC) out of Seattle King St Station for Vancouver.

Great, now I know the options. I just wanted to be sure that I had the choice of doing the rental car that late at night.

Now I can let the plan settle a bit, to see if AA changes my flight times :) We do have a couple of extra days at the end of the cruise in Vancouver to take it easier and do our sightseeing.

Legally you each adult, which is over the age of 19 in British Columbia, may bring in 1.5 litres of wine which is two .750 litres bottles each. I don't think that you should be counseled to bring any more than that. With a late night crossing customs may just be a little diligent than a passport scan.

When we went a couple years ago we got in late around midnight, I thought about the car rental but being I didnt know the roads or the area very well we opted for a priceline hotel near Kings street station stayed the night than got up and took the train to Vancouver in the long run it cost us less as we would have had to get a hotel in Vancouver near the port as well so we hoped the train for the scenic ride thru the sound and arrived in vancouver at approx 11am took a cab to the port (short drive). Cost us about 150 for the hotel and train combined and we were relaxed and lol not necessarily rested but it was much more pleasurable and less stress.

Archived