Indy, first time concierge has e-mailed us!

39august

We received our first concierge welcome e-mail today for Indy Jan. 27. I have seen some negative remarks about Raj and about some suite perks not being honored on Indy. However, his message was very professional, included a spa menu, information about cabanas at Labadee, and named some of the suite perks. On a previous review about Indy, the poster said Raj had told him that being allowed to order from the MDR menu for ensuite dining was not available. However, that is one of the perks Raj mentioned in his e-mail. So it is definitley available on Indy. This will be our first OS, so that may be why we were contacted. Anyone else been contacted by Raj?

We received our first concierge welcome e-mail today for Indy Jan. 27. I have seen some negative remarks about Raj and about some suite perks not being honored on Indy. However, his message was very professional, included a spa menu, information about cabanas at Labadee, and named some of the suite perks. On a previous review about Indy, the poster said Raj had told him that being allowed to order from the MDR menu for ensuite dining was not available. However, that is one of the perks Raj mentioned in his e-mail. So it is definitley available on Indy. This will be our first OS, so that may be why we were contacted. Anyone else been contacted by Raj?

Have not yet met Raj but have sailed a few times on Indy in a Grand Suite and once on Liberty found the suite perks on both ships to be the same. Ordering room service from the main dining room menu was definitely available on Indy.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your time on my favorite ship, can't wait to sail on her again in June.

Not specific to IOS, we have been in suites on other ships on previous cruises and have been contacted each time in advance of the sailing by the concierge. It is - in our experience - done with all suite reservations above JS. (which is not part of the suite benefits program other than with double points).

Dh and I and a couple of friends were just returned from Indy. I do not know about the suite perks as we are only Diamond + :rolleyes: however we did spend most of our time in the concierge lounge over the d lounge at we loved Raj. This was our first time meeting him and he was wonderful.

Thanks Campbell and cruisinck- Great to hear. Certainly not all suites are contacted. We have stayed in GS's on several different ships and have not been contacted before. cruisinck- Which specialty restaurant was breakfast and lunch for suites and was the breakfast cooked to order, please? On Mariner last month there was also a limited cooked to order lunch. That was very new to us.

I was the poster who wrote that ordering from the MDR menu was not available . I asked Raj on our first seaday how to do this and was told it was not possible on that voyage

We were on the 12/16/2012 sailing of Indy in a GS. Very happy to hear that is now available

Thanks Campbell and cruisinck- Great to hear. Certainly not all suites are contacted. We have stayed in GS's on several different ships and have not been contacted before. cruisinck- Which specialty restaurant was breakfast and lunch for suites and was the breakfast cooked to order, please? On Mariner last month there was also a limited cooked to order lunch. That was very new to us.

Maybe it is something relatively new, but we were in GS's on Oasis last May and Explorer this past December and were contacted in advance by both.

We sailed with Raj on the TA from Southampton this past November, and while several departments had their issues, Raj ran a fabulous Concierge. He went out of his way to confirm times and places that were miscommunicated by others, and you'll see him everywhere - I honestly don't know when he rests.

IMO, he's one of the best, and you'll enjoy cruising with him. Have a great trip.

Trish

We were also just on the Indy for the Christmas Holiday Cruise. This was the first time since becoming Diamond Plus on a non-Oasis class ship, so our first opportunity to experience the CL as non-suite guests. There were a lot of C&A guests, so there were additional overflow lounges for Diamonds using the Viking Crown amd nearby card room. Even though the views are better from that level, we found ourselves using the CL more often, and Raj was one of the main reasons. We found him very friendly and helpful, even though we were not Suite guests.

Tell him his past guests say Hi, and I wish we could be joining you,

Hello...good to here we have another Concierge on top of things. We haven't had one that didn't try there hardest. I was wondering if I could get Raj's email? We will be on board March 10 in the RFS. My youngest is autistic, sensory mainly, and I would love to be able to send a note in preparation. RCCL's concierge is the main reason we always book suites. They seem to be on top of things more than NCL. Thank you.

We sailed on Indy a few weeks ago and really enjoyed Raj and the staff in the concierge lounge. A day or so before our cruise ended, Raj told me he will be taking his vacation in a few weeks. (I believe that this may be his last week on the ship before vacation.) So, depending on your sail date, there may be a different concierge working on Indy.

If you are fortunate enough to have him as your concierge, I think you will enjoy his warm and engaging personality and his attention to detail.

Archived