Jet Blue in Feb 06?

Boatingmom

I wouldn't worry about the "cheaper prices" disappearing for Jetblue - if they haven't opened their booking yet, then no one has bought up the cheap fares. Now, relative to what you would pay compared to today, yes, it may be more expensive, but as usual, you can check periodically to see if the fare has dropped and then when it hits the fare you want, BUY IT RIGHT THEN!!!!

and of course, with Jetblue, they will credit your account for any fare reduction after your purchase. This applies to a future flight from Jetblue in the next 12 months. We dont fuss with airfares because we travel Jetblue every year, our credit is always there from the previous year and they will honor every price reduction you call them on. Rick

Delta Song has the $99 RT from NY to PR right now and they have TV's and online poker and trivia in flight. I'm trying to hold out for Jet Blue because of the credit I have and refund policy. Also..I dont think they'll go bankrupt while I'm Vacationing! Getting nervous my flight days and times will be limited:(

Hi Boating Mom, I purchased my airfare on Song going down for $139 each. I thought that was a a good price, we're going down President's week. After reading the boards, even if Song and Delta go into bankruptcy, I don't think they'll be out of business that soon! $99 sounds good to me. I'm waiting for Jet blue for my return flights, because there is nothing good for me through song on the way back!! Also Song has a $25 change fee that sounds similar to Jet bue.

I believe all the discount airlines (such as SWA and Jetblue) only allow bookings for 6 months into the future.

-Chris

Right now Jet Blue has bookings thru Jan 10 2006. that is the furthest day I can book right now. I too need to book a Feb flight and am hoping the price does nto go up too high. Right now it is $99 one way to Nassau..we leave Feb 18 and am worried the price is going to be tripled:eek:

Boatingmom, I see you are from LI. I am from SI and although we fly JetBlue we started flying DeltaSong and our family really loves the airline.

My husband prefers the Song Boeing planes to JetBlue’s AirBus planes and the prices are sometimes better then JetBlue. If not better, they will usually be the same.

We are flying next Easter break, on Song from JFK to Puerto Rico, $99 each way, $198 round trip for the 4 of us.

I saw that my fight went up to $139 one way but you may want to check out their site and schedule before just waiting for JetBlue.

They also have tvs behind each seat and roomy seats. Either way you can’t go wrong and sure you are aware of Song but just wanted to give you a heads up.

Their website is flysong.com

Last year I remember Jetblue's Feb., March and April itineraries opened up on June 23rd, because I purchased my March airline tickets on June 24th. Not sure if that will hold true this year or not, but that's what I learned last year. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm waiting to jump on Jet Blue for my return flight from SJU in Feb. Song has a good return flight, but I would have to stay another night in San Juan and my husband has to get back to work.. to pay for our trip!!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

They'll open up before the end of July I'm sure. You may want to try sidestep.com for other fare options that may be just as low. I found a rate lower than Jetblue's to FLL from NYC on that site...

I booked a one way back from PR on song for $99 each, but I have to stay 1 more night post cruise in PR. It's probably worth it though. I have a feeling that Jet Blue will come out with fares this week because I booked on Song. Now I'm wondering if Jet Blue will have better times and days!!!:)

Archived