Anyone find a cell phone today 1-22-13 while getting off Explorer of the Seas?

Jimbo

I lost one while taking my luggage down aft stairwell closest to the baggage terminal in Bayonne.

It was in a cell phone case clipped to my belt. Didn't notice I lost it until I boarded the bus. When I mentioned it in the bus another passenger on the bus who had just got on said he saw it on the stairs and that someone picked it up and was taking it to the guest relations.

Well once we got to the luggage terminal, I wanted to ride back to the ship and get it but they wouldn't let me go back, so a royal caribbean person in the terminal phoned back to the ship but no one had turned it in yet, we waited about 45 minutes before leaving.

Did anyone one happen to see it while getting off today?

I did fill out a lost item report in the terminal but not sure how far that will get me, thought I would give it a try here? I also emailed Mario the Conceirge onboard this morning to check guest relations but have yet to hear back from him.

Thanks

Jimbo:)

I hate to say it but the obvious answer is it will only be returned by RCI if it was turned in - and Mario is very good in terms of following up and if they have it, he will get it. (As is RCI - they will return it if they have it). I would also try the terminal as maybe it was turned in to someone there, but unless it was given to an RCI contracted employee, you may not see it again. Good luck - hope you get it back!

I hope I am wrong, but unfortunately it seems like you may not get your phone back. Cell phones are the easiest thing to get back to the owner. If the phone is locked, then your contact info should be available when the screen is turned on. If it's not locked, it's a matter of simply calling an obvious number in the phone, whether it be the one labeled "mom or "dad," or simply the last number called from that phone. One of those people would surely know how to get a hold of the owner. My personal opinion is that if the person who found the phone hasn't reached you after 24 hours, they don't seem to be trying very hard to return the phone.

Again, I hope I'm wrong, but there just doesn't seem to be much effort from the person currently in possession of your phone.

Did you have the find my iphone setup? -- oops never mind the OP didn't say it was an iphone...

They have that ap for android too. It's called "Find My Droid." I love Apple but they are neither unique or creative. Even if the Apple elitists think they are. :rolleyes:

One cruise I lost a pair of glasses while disembarking. Suddenly you are a pack animal! I reported it and I did get them back in the mail. The ship had to turn it into headquarters and then the L&F dept matched them to my report. Took about a month. A cell phone would certainly be much easier to match to a report so hopefully you hear something soon .

Thanks for the responces, it's really a cheap phone. Not a smart phone.

We did call it about 30 times while we waited in the baggage terminal at the pier in Bayonne. But for one the ringer was turned off and it just set to vibrate.

Lady at the pier who I filled out the lost and found report said if I don't hear anything after about 10 days to call the number on the report she gave me.

That is the same phone number on the report that someone posted above.

The value of the phone really isn't the most important thing, it is the phone numbers that are work related that I really want that are stored on the phone.

Forgot to mention on the ride home in the car we called Verizon had the phone deactivated so no calls are charged to us.

Also Mario the conceirge has yet to get back to me, I sent him an email around 11am yesterday morning.

Jimbo:)

They have that ap for android too. It's called "Find My Droid." I love Apple but they are neither unique or creative. Even if the Apple elitists think they are. :rolleyes:

Only a weak minded droid freak could say that, considering companies like Samsung clearly copied everything Apple in attempt to try and catch up market wise.

And, of course, I'm joking. Well, serious, but with a joking attitude. Everyone is so passionate about their phones eh? :)

Archived