Rain?

My wife and I will be sailing on the Sun Princess on Feb 18 out of Brisbane. The 2 week cruise visits Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Akaroa, and Dunedin.

I have found the average high and low temperatures at an on line site, but was wondering about what the normal probabilities of rain are at these ports. Don't know if we need to pack umbrellas or not.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I will be sailing on the Sun Princess on Feb 18 out of Brisbane. The 2 week cruise visits Auckland, Tauranga, Napier, Wellington, Akaroa, and Dunedin.

I have found the average high and low temperatures at an on line site, but was wondering about what the normal probabilities of rain are at these ports. Don't know if we need to pack umbrellas or not.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

NZ can be a little like the UK at times. It can never hurt to bring a small folding brolly (which of course are useless if windy)

Barry

Following is a good site. If you check just before cruise day, you will be able to get an approximate idea of what to expect in each city you visit by checking the 10 day forecasts. Select city. Page loads with 5 day forecast showing - Click the 10 day tab.

http://www.metservice.com/national/home

I cruise to NZ in a week and am packing an umbrella and raincoat anyways, even if it shows 'sunny'.

..with a black woollen singlet and gumboots ,

you dont need an umbrella in NZ...:D

freddagg.jpg

I wondered what happened to Fred Dagg....still farming I see. Surprised the government hasn't floated him on the stock exchange and allowed him to be sold to Australian interests like other national institutions!!! Lol.

Archived