"My Time Dining" questions...

Hi there,

Even though I've been on 13 cruises, this will be my first with RC. I have a couple questions about the My Time Dining (which I was forced to take by RC because they said regular dining is not available on Grandeur of the Seas). First, I heard once you get on the ship you can make reservations. Can you reserve the entire week that first day or is it a day-to-day reservation process? Also, there will be 4 of us and we want our own table, can we request that also?

Many thanks!! :)

Hi there,

Even though I've been on 13 cruises, this will be my first with RC. I have a couple questions about the My Time Dining (which I was forced to take by RC because they said regular dining is not available on Grandeur of the Seas). First, I heard once you get on the ship you can make reservations. Can you reserve the entire week that first day or is it a day-to-day reservation process? Also, there will be 4 of us and we want our own table, can we request that also?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes and you can reserve online as well.

Also, if you would truly prefer traditional dining (early or late) get yourself put on the wait list. Many on here have found that they clear the wait list well before sailing.

However, we have actually done MTD on our last few cruises and probably will not go back to traditional. We have the flexibility to eat when we want. We can make reservations (which you can also do ahead of time on line), or just show up. If we do have a reservation and our plans change a quick call or stop by at the MTD desk and our time is changed or cancelled all together. We can eat as a family, or join others if there are others who want company. We have found at regular dining we ended up by ourselves even at a large table since so many skip the MDR all together.

So, if you really want regular get on the wait list or give it a try, you may never go back!

Like the others have said if your cruise is far out put yourself on the wait list and you should be able to get your choice between now and then.

If you stick with MTD yes you can make a reservation for the entire week the first day

Hi there,

either or. we went ahead and pre booked online for the same time each night, but you can certainly change it for subsequent nights if that works better for you.

i will say the only really bad day for those without ressies up front was the first night. that line was very long indeed and I would hazard a guess that the wait was in excess of 10-15 minutes. whereas we were seated in under one.

just have your reservations linked if you are in two different cabins

One of the first things we do on the ship is go to the MDR as soon as we can and scope out an area we would like to sit and request a reservation for 2 for an available time at that location. Never waited over 2 minutes. It has always worked well for us. We would not go back to traditional dining.

Archived