MDR Early Dining Request

CruiseWhere

Just curious as to whom I should be directing my much appreciated "thanks" to regarding a specific table/area and seating arrangement when I get onboard? Obviously we are not there yet, however I would like to know who is in charge of assigning/designating the seating.:confused:

You will get your embarkation daily Explorer program when you check in at the pier. There will be a time and place where you can go and try to request a fixed dining time and table size.

Sometimes the dining room manager is there and in charge of helping people. The will be long.

Sometimes one of the area captains is in charge.

There is no guarantee that they can grant your wish.

There is no need to Thank anyone.

Good luck.

I would think you could direct your question to the dining room mgr once on board and you know your special requests have been granted. Also if you will be in a suite the concierge could let you know the correct person to offer thanks to.

Thank you Cruisergal! We are and I will:D

I'm sorry I should have explained myself a little better. We have a special request in for our early dining (the "early" part has be confirmed). So if my other requests are honoured I'd like to know who to thank.

Dining Room Manager (formerly known as Maitre d') is responsible for table assignments. He has Assistants who help.

I do not know the answer to the original question, but I have asked it myself.

If anyone is interested in an educated guess, I'd say that the Dining Room Manager makes the decision, but that he listens receptively to suggestions from the Guest Relations Manager, the Hotel Director and Seattle, any of whom may have initiated the favorable treatment. They do not seem eager to reveal who it was, so we shall just have to be thankful that someone did.

As the title implies, the Dining Room Manager 'manages' the dining room.

Other than a special request that would be out of the ordinary, everyday business, the GRM does not become involved in dining room seating nor does the Hotel Manager. Only time they would be involved would be a unique or special circumstance/request.

Archived