Latitudes Rewards Program

Avril

I got back a few weeks ago from my 1st NCL cruise (and loved it by the way)!! :D I just logged into My NCL and noticed that I have 14 Latitudes Rewards points and am only 6 points away from the next level (which would be Silver). :confused: How do they count the points? It was only a 7 day cruise so I thought it would only count as 1 cruise or 7 points. :confused: What am I missing here?

Thanks so much!!!! :D

Were you in a suite or did you book 9 months or more in advance?

Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.*
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites

There are several possibilities .... were you in a suite? Did you book 9 months in advance? Was your cruise a monthly latitude special? Any of these items would get you an additional point per night on a 7 night cruise.

Here is link to Norwegian's latitude page

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

Were you in a suite?

Did you book more than 9 months out?

Did you book in a double latitude points special?

Anything like that can affect your points level. I personally will be bronze for just about forever. :rolleyes:

LOL Sauer-kraut I could have just waited for you to post and then copied and pasted ;)

I got back a few weeks ago from my 1st NCL cruise (and loved it by the way)!! :D I just logged into My NCL and noticed that I have 14 Latitudes Rewards points and am only 6 points away from the next level (which would be Silver). :confused: How do they count the points? It was only a 7 day cruise so I thought it would only count as 1 cruise or 7 points. :confused: What am I missing here?

How do I earn rewards points?

With rewards points, every night counts, so you earn more with each cruise you take.

Earn 1 point for every cruise night

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Suite* or in The Haven

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance

Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites.

Latitudes Rewards Points Value Example

Meet two Latitudes Rewards members John and Mary. Each went on the same cruise starting as a Bronze tier member.

How they booked made all the difference:

John Williams

Startingd points /tier level...............................................7 rewards points (Bronze tier level)

Booked a 7-night Cruise ............................................... 7 rewards points

Ending points/tier level ................................................ 14 rewards points (Bronze tier level)

Mary Smith

Starting points /tier level……………………...........…..7 rewards points (Bronze tier level)

Booked a 7-night Cruise ...............................................7 rewards points

Booked a Suite ................................................................7 rewards points

Booked 9 months in advance .......................................7 rewards points

Booked with a Latitudes Insider Offer .........................7 rewards points

Ending points/tier level ..................................................35 rewards points (Silver tier level)

When their cruise concluded, John maintained his Bronze status and Mary earned enough points to become a Silver member

Here is a link to all the benefits.

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards/rewards-points-and-benefits

We just jumped straight to Silver status with 21 points after our first cruise because we booked a suite 9 months in advance (triple points).

If we get the Latitudes Insider special and book a suite 9 months in advance next time (quadruple points), we'll be Gold after two cruises :)

Avril, are you going to post a review or at least tell us a little about your first NCL experience??

We just jumped straight to Silver status with 21 points after our first cruise because we booked a suite 9 months in advance (triple points).

If we get the Latitudes Insider special and book a suite 9 months in advance next time (quadruple points), we'll be Gold after two cruises :)

This shows just how diluted this program has become. :(

This shows just how diluted this program has become. :(

If it makes you feel any better, we only cruise once every two or three years. So it will be at least another two years before we get to take advantage of our Silver perks, and another four to five years before we get to take advantage of Gold (assuming we stick with NCL for all future cruises).

Thanks guys (and girls)!! :D I am still trying to solve this mystery. :confused: No, we weren't in a suite or The Haven (unfortunatly) :( and we only booked about 6 months in advance. I don't think there were any Latitudes Insider offers (and we wouldn't have qualified anyway since it was our 1st NCL cruise) but I'd have to check (I'm 99.99% sure there weren't any special offers though). It was just an ordinary kind of cruise (other than the fact that it was a New Years cruise). We also got a $50 OBC for reasons known only to NCL, weird!! :confused:

By the way, what are the Perks/Benefits you get with the Latitudes Program (at both the Bronze and Silver levels)?

Thanks guys (and girls)!! :D I am still trying to solve this mystery. :confused: No, we weren't in a suite or The Haven (unfortunatly) :( and we only booked about 6 months in advance. I don't think there were any Latitudes Insider offers (and we wouldn't have qualified anyway since it was our 1st NCL cruise) but I'd have to check (I'm 99.99% sure there weren't any special offers though). It was just an ordinary kind of cruise (other than the fact that it was a New Years cruise). We also got a $50 OBC for reasons known only to NCL, weird!! :confused:

By the way, what are the Perks/Benefits you get with the Latitudes Program (at both the Bronze and Silver levels)?

See the link in Post #4 of this thread.

so can I piggyback this thread with a question?

My upcoming cruise on Epic was booked over 9 months in advance, in a haven suite, for 7 days. Will I get 21 points for it? Normally I would think yes, but the caveat being I booked it before the new latitudes program was rolled out.

Trying to figure out if this will make me silver by my October sailing.

so can I piggyback this thread with a question?

My upcoming cruise on Epic was booked over 9 months in advance, in a haven suite, for 7 days. Will I get 21 points for it? Normally I would think yes, but the caveat being I booked it before the new latitudes program was rolled out.

Trying to figure out if this will make me silver by my October sailing.

Going to say no if going by the terms and conditions. Maybe someone else can chime in who booked the same way.

Terms and conditions

Norwegian Cruise Line's Latitudes Reward Program (the "Program") is operated by Norwegian Cruise Line ("Norwegian"). Norwegian reserves the right to modify or terminate the Program, or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits of the Program, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice. Norwegian may terminate an individual's membership in the Program if Norwegian, at its sole discretion, determines that an individual is utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Program's terms and conditions or intent.

To qualify as a member of the Program, you must have taken or booked at least one (1) eligible Norwegian cruise since 1995 and be enrolled in the Program. An individual's membership level in the Program shall be based on the number of eligible points that such individual has earned.

Points are earned based on the length of the cruise itinerary, booking select categories of stateroom (suite category or above not including mini suites), cruises that have been realized on or after December 5th, 2011 in which instance the booking was made nine (9) months or more in advance of the date of sailing, bookings made with a Latitudes Insider Offer on eligible cruises. In the instance that an individual upgrades to a higher stateroom category a point shall only be awarded if fullfare was paid for such stateroom category. The following are not included in the list of eligible cruises: cruises purchased at a reduce fare (I.e. employee rates, friends and family rates, vendor rate cruises taken via a cruise certificate) and other cruises designated as such by Norwegian in its sole discretion.

Any benefits for which you are eligible as a member of the Program, will only be available to you, are not transferable and will only be available on Norwegian sailings which are five (5) days or longer. Norwegian reserves the right to determine which benefits will be delivered to Norwegian passengers on designated Norwegian ships. Not all benefits offered through the Program will be made available on all Norwegian ships.

See the link in Post #4 of this thread.

Thanks!! Looks like some pretty good perks for only having been on 1 NCL cruise. I espcially like the Priority Check In/Embarkation and the discount in the onboard duty free shops!! :D I can't wait for my next cruise with NCL (whenever and wherever it'll be)!!!! :D

Going to say no if going by the terms and conditions. Maybe someone else can chime in who booked the same way.

Terms and conditions

Norwegian Cruise Line's Latitudes Reward Program (the "Program") is operated by Norwegian Cruise Line ("Norwegian"). Norwegian reserves the right to modify or terminate the Program, or to change the Terms and Conditions of participation and benefits of the Program, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice. Norwegian may terminate an individual's membership in the Program if Norwegian, at its sole discretion, determines that an individual is utilizing the Program in a manner inconsistent with the Program's terms and conditions or intent.

To qualify as a member of the Program, you must have taken or booked at least one (1) eligible Norwegian cruise since 1995 and be enrolled in the Program. An individual's membership level in the Program shall be based on the number of eligible points that such individual has earned.

Points are earned based on the length of the cruise itinerary, booking select categories of stateroom (suite category or above not including mini suites), cruises that have been realized on or after December 5th, 2011 in which instance the booking was made nine (9) months or more in advance of the date of sailing, bookings made with a Latitudes Insider Offer on eligible cruises. In the instance that an individual upgrades to a higher stateroom category a point shall only be awarded if fullfare was paid for such stateroom category. The following are not included in the list of eligible cruises: cruises purchased at a reduce fare (I.e. employee rates, friends and family rates, vendor rate cruises taken via a cruise certificate) and other cruises designated as such by Norwegian in its sole discretion.

Any benefits for which you are eligible as a member of the Program, will only be available to you, are not transferable and will only be available on Norwegian sailings which are five (5) days or longer. Norwegian reserves the right to determine which benefits will be delivered to Norwegian passengers on designated Norwegian ships. Not all benefits offered through the Program will be made available on all Norwegian ships.

thanks. I figured as much. I wonder what I will get for it.

I have a question. If, due to the number of nights of the sailing, you were to change levels (Bronze to Silver, etc.) during the middle of the cruise, would you start the cruise at the new level? Also, what if the number of nights wasn't enough to bump you up but because of the other factors (suite, 9+months out, etc...)?

I have a question. If, due to the number of nights of the sailing, you were to change levels (Bronze to Silver, etc.) during the middle of the cruise, would you start the cruise at the new level? Also, what if the number of nights wasn't enough to bump you up but because of the other factors (suite, 9+months out, etc...)?

You receive the perks associated with the level you are at the beginning of your cruise. So if you earned the next level part way through your cruise. The perks would be available on the sailing after that.

Your level isn't actually calculated until you complete your cruise. So if you received double points for 9 months out etc. That would not be your point level until that cruise was over.

Archived