Latitudes Rewards Program

Avril

I have a question. If, due to the number of nights of the sailing, you were to change levels (Bronze to Silver, etc.) during the middle of the cruise, would you start the cruise at the new level? Also, what if the number of nights wasn't enough to bump you up but because of the other factors (suite, 9+months out, etc...)?

Your status doesn't change mid cruise. The points you earn on a cruise are only added to your account after completion of the cruise.

You receive the perks associated with the level you are at the beginning of your cruise. So if you earned the next level part way through your cruise. The perks would be available on the sailing after that.

Your level isn't actually calculated until you complete your cruise. So if you received double points for 9 months out etc. That would not be your point level until that cruise was over.

So, to understand correctly, if you were 1 point shy of say Gold level and you were going on a 10 night cruise, you would sail the entire cruise at Silver level and the next cruise you would be Gold level? Not saying it's good, bad, or indifferent, just different than the way Carnival does it. On Carnival, if you were to cahnge status in the middle of a cruise, you start the cruise at that level. Just want to ensure i understand the program.

So, to understand correctly, if you were 1 point shy of say Gold level and you were going on a 10 night cruise, you would sail the entire cruise at Silver level and the next cruise you would be Gold level? Not saying it's good, bad, or indifferent, just different than the way Carnival does it. On Carnival, if you were to cahnge status in the middle of a cruise, you start the cruise at that level. Just want to ensure i understand the program.

You understand correctly.

On Carnival, if you were to cahnge status in the middle of a cruise, you start the cruise at that level.

You do? Really? I'm Platinum with Carnival (and still will be even with the new VIFP past guest program) and I've never heard of this. :confused: I really like it though (if it's true)!!!! :D

You do? Really? I'm Platinum with Carnival (and still will be even with the new VIFP past guest program) and I've never heard of this. :confused: I really like it though (if it's true)!!!! :D

I'm not sure how that poster got rewarded before they completed their sail. But according to CCL terms and conditions "Except as otherwise stated herein, VIFP Points are credited to a Member’s Account within fourteen (14) days of completing a Cruise." It operates the same way.

I'm not sure how that poster got rewarded before they completed their sail. But according to CCL terms and conditions "Except as otherwise stated herein, VIFP Points are credited to a Member’s Account within fourteen (14) days of completing a Cruise." It operates the same way.

Ya, that's what I thought. Sure would be nice to know how he/she got upgraded to the next level during their cruise!!

Yep, it's true. I am currently Red level (22 days) and will level up to Gold status on my cruise in April. Because I'm leveling up during the cruise, I automatically start the cruise at Gold status and enjoy the perks of Gold during the entire cruise (not many perks but that's another story). Of course, you don't earn extra points for the most part like you can on NCL so maybe that's why NCL holds them until the cruise is completed. On Carnival, it's pretty much a point a night and that's it.

The points may not accredited to my account until 14 days after the completion of the cruise, but I will level up at the beginning of my cruise. Verified with my PVP.

It's just like the old program. With 10 cruises you received Platinum status. But you got Platinum status at the beginning of the 10th cruise, not the 11th.

For those that wish to not believe me, this is directly from the carnival FAQs page on the VIFP Program.

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

BTW Avril, I'm a he! ;) I may not know much about the NCL program and am learning but I definitely know the Carnival program!

For those that wish to not believe me, this is directly from the carnival FAQs page on the VIFP Program.

Will guests automatically receive recognition/benefits or must they be requested?

VIFP Club members will automatically move from one level to the next level based on their VIFP Points, and will receive the benefits of their level on each sailing.

Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise).

BTW Avril, I'm a he! ;) I may not know much about the NCL program and am learning but I definitely know the Carnival program!

FWIW, I never said I didn't believe you, just that the statement was the only one I found in the FAQ. Thank you for pointing out this information though.

I move up so slowly due to lack of vacation time, I don't really worry much about loyalty programs.

FWIW, I never said I didn't believe you, just that the statement was the only one I found in the FAQ. Thank you for pointing out this information though.

I move up so slowly due to lack of vacation time, I don't really worry much about loyalty programs.

FWIW, I understand that a lot of incorrect info is floated around on these boards so people should be wary of what they read. I just make sure if I'm stating something as fact that I have the proof to back it up. Glad I could shed some light on how the Carnival program works. It's nice to go on a cruise expecting to be one level and be rewarded with a higher level and the perks that go with it when boarding.

I'm the opposite on cruising, I have tons of vacation time (17 weeks a year) and not enough money to use them all cruising!! :( Maybe we could work out some kind of deal so we can both go cruising more often! :D

Only 662 days until our sailing on the Sun!! :):(:eek:

• 1 month later...

Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.*
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer.

How nice! We'll be in the Silver level after our first cruise! We'll get 42 pts right off the bat. :D

How nice! We'll be in the Silver level after our first cruise! We'll get 42 pts right off the bat. :D

How are you going to get 42 points (unless it's a 10.5 day cruise)? the most you can earn is 4 points a night and 42 isn't evenly divisible by 4. Also, I was told by an NCL rep that the extra points accumulation only started after the first cruise (I guess you're not a Latitudes member until after the first cruise) so therefore i will only receive 7 points for my first 7 night cruise even though I booked well over 9 months in advance. Could the NCL rep have been wrong??

How are you going to get 42 points (unless it's a 10.5 day cruise)? the most you can earn is 4 points a night and 42 isn't evenly divisible by 4. Also, I was told by an NCL rep that the extra points accumulation only started after the first cruise (I guess you're not a Latitudes member until after the first cruise) so therefore i will only receive 7 points for my first 7 night cruise even though I booked well over 9 months in advance. Could the NCL rep have been wrong??

Could be triple points on a 14 day cruise.

Were you in a suite or did you book 9 months or more in advance?

Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for reserving a Suite or in The Haven.*
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking nine months or more in advance.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation was originally made. Does not include mini-suites

NCL blew it here.

Too many platinums waters down the program.I am sure they will now take away something because they have too many platinums.

Royal really makes it difficult to be Diamond+ but shouldn't it be difficult and deserving?

Also, I was told by an NCL rep that the extra points accumulation only started after the first cruise (I guess you're not a Latitudes member until after the first cruise) so therefore i will only receive 7 points for my first 7 night cruise even though I booked well over 9 months in advance.

Would be seriously bummed if this is the case. Was counting on 28pts on first NCL cruise (14nt TA May 2014 already booked WAY over 9 months out).

The web site says you can "join" Lattitudes prior to first cruise once you have a reservation number. My confirmation from NCL, oddly, lists Lattitudes numbers for both of us but they don't work for logging in so was hesitant to create a new number. Really want the cruise linked to the right number.

We made Platinum on RCI (second lowest tier) only after 3 cruises two of which were longer TAs. Their program is painfully slow for minimal benefits. Actually at Platinum we were considering jumping to Celebrity where the reciprocal benefits are much better in their Captain's Club program. One program is maybe too easy and the other too steep - there could be a better middle ground - like widening the tier level points thresholds but accelerating points (same as 9mo out) earned once at hoigher tiers. Thus rewarding the truly loyal.

• 1 month later...
Hope you'll be silver by October...

www.nclnorwegian.com/ncl-latitudes-rewards-program/

Has anyone tried complimentary Behind-the-Scenes tour? Is it for Platinum members only as it is written here????????

It is free for Platinum members. Cost is $55 for others. It was amazing. Did the tour during our Dawn cruise last summer. When we were at the 3+-hour mark, we left while in the bridge because we were missing our Latitudes party. Must wear closed-toe shoes. I had to go to the gift shop and buy crocs in order to participate.

Booked Dawn for Jan 19 2014 on April 19 2013. Do we get double points? I didn't know anything about double points for booking =>9 months but now that I do wondering if we will qualify.

• 1 month later...
If you do a B2B and change staus during the first part, then your status changes for the second leg. A B2B counts as 2 different cruises.

Hi, I am wondering if you could help me with my Latitudes dilemma?

I am cruising a B2B2B which is 3 7 day legs. I booked it as a 14 day and a 7 day. I will be sailing my first time as a platinum Latitude.

Will I get vouchers at the start of each of the 3 legs? Or will I get 2 sets of vouchers to match my 2 bookings.

Thank you in advance Kerry.krizman@optusnet.com.au

My understanding is you will get the benefits three times, at the start of each seven day leg.

So, you should get a bottle of wine each time, and the meal voucher once a week.

This isn't from experience, just what I've read on these boards.

Archived