New marketing gimmick? All inclusive advantage fares

Ah yes, I remember the teutonic titillating tale. No doubt the navigational problem was due to a malfunction of the male moral compass. It is good that there was a guiding hand on your tiller to prevent you straying off course.

Anyone on the Sojourn, 01 May Rome to Lisbon?

Oh bother! I was hoping sometime to put a face to the deathless prose, but this was our second choice for a spring cruise, and we have opted for the alternative on our list.

Wow -- surprised to see this argument on the Seabourn board. I was reading this thread as I am one of many Regent customers who do not like included excursions and wanted to see how Seabourn customers feel. I did not see the thread previously and must agree that topics will repeat month after month, year after year, etc. That is the nature of boards such as these. On the other hand, wripro is entitled to his opinion.

It is my understanding that you can book a Seabourn cruise without air or excursions. Is this correct?

It is my understanding that you can book a Seabourn cruise without air or excursions. Is this correct?

It certainly is correct, you can book just your cruise and have the options of arranging your own travel arrangements, getting a TA to make up a package, or take the offered SB flights.

With regard to excursions these are all, in the general run of things, optional extras. The exceptions are a couple of classic Seabourn included 'tours' like, I believe, a son et lumiere dinner at Ephesus. Now they are introducing the concept of having the flights and excursions included, but I think the vast majority of SB travellers very much hope that this remains just an option and not Seabourn's preferred model.

TC2,

This is a completely different program from Regent where you have no choice but to include excursions. With this program it's all optional and you can just book cruise only. Of course, this was all previously discussed here on these boards. Just a joke!!!!!

TC2,

This is a completely different program from Regent where you have no choice but to include excursions. With this program it's all optional and you can just book cruise only. Of course, this was all previously discussed here on these boards. Just a joke!!!!!

Actually, we are trying to get Regent to allow opt-out of excursions. So far they aren't going for it.

wripro, did you read the news on the Voyager? Check out the Super Bowl thread. Very sad.

CraftyEC. thank you for the clarification:)

Archived