NCL JADE - you have to be on board 2 hrs before sail away time?

kikki21

According to NCL's website, for security reasons you have to be back on board 2 hours before the published sail away time. I have been on 4 cruises (one on NCL) and have never come across this.... usually you look at the clock as you step off the ship as to when you need to be back and your daily and it's never been 2 hrs before sail away? Has something changed?:confused:

NCL's web site has always aid this, it's nothing new. It's meant to apply to your original embarkation port, not ports of call, where you usually have to be back on board 30 minutes prior to sailing. The wording on the web site just isn't very artfully worded.

That's ok then! I thought things had changed since I last cruised! :eek:

Oh we are going to be on board well before 2 hrs before sailing on embarkation day so that's not an issue!

NCL's web site has always aid this, it's nothing new. It's meant to apply to your original embarkation port, not ports of call, where you usually have to be back on board 30 minutes prior to sailing. The wording on the web site just isn't very artfully worded.

The other poster said it right, its for embarkation day only. Excursions are 30 mins prior.

Just an FYI for anyone wondering, the 2 hours ahead thing is for every NCL ship, not any one specific itinerary. :)

I do not know about NCL but on HAL embarkation you have to be through check in and logged on the ship 2 hours prior to sailing. This is a rule set by TSA allowing them time to check manifests for security reasons. If the last person boarding is late the ship can not sail until that 2 hour window has elapsed. On our HAL cruise in 2011 from FLL the ship left port an hour late due to some passengers on HAL booked air being delayed from Chicago due to weather.

According to NCL's website, for security reasons you have to be back on board 2 hours before the published sail away time. I have been on 4 cruises (one on NCL) and have never come across this.... usually you look at the clock as you step off the ship as to when you need to be back and your daily and it's never been 2 hrs before sail away? Has something changed?:confused:

Embarkation only. Not at the ports of call.

I do not know about NCL but on HAL embarkation you have to be through check in and logged on the ship 2 hours prior to sailing. This is a rule set by TSA allowing them time to check manifests for security reasons. If the last person boarding is late the ship can not sail until that 2 hour window has elapsed. On our HAL cruise in 2011 from FLL the ship left port an hour late due to some passengers on HAL booked air being delayed from Chicago due to weather.

FYI, it's not TSA, it's U.S. Customs and Border Protection that is the responsible agency , and the final passenger manifest has to be in one hour before sailing. Cruise lines set a cut off for embarkation 90 minutes to 2 hours before sailing in order to have time to submit the passenger manifest by the one hour deadline.

In any event, the OP is sailing from a European port (the Norwegian Jade does not have US-based itineraries) so the US CBP regulations aren't applicable. It's just easier for them to maintain the same deadline regardless of the location of the ship's home port.

FYI, it's not TSA, it's U.S. Customs and Border Protection that is the responsible agency , and the final passenger manifest has to be in one hour before sailing. Cruise lines set a cut off for embarkation 90 minutes to 2 hours before sailing in order to have time to submit the passenger manifest by the one hour deadline.

Correct. I was just going to post the correction as you beat me to it. Thank God it's not TSA.......

Archived