Princess Cruise Vacation Planners

Whimsy

I was just curious if the Princess Cruise Vacation Planners are commissioned. We have a group booked on a cruise next year and I used her because our TA passed away. I had a recommendation of another person but she was on vacation at the time our bookings opened and we wanted a specific row of cabins in a certain area of the ship so I worked thru a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner. I know people sometime move a booking due to price or other amenities but I would not do this to someone after they did a lot of the leg work on arranging our bookings.

If anyone truly knows how they are compensated would you please share?

Thanks!

Hi! I have been using the same planner with Princess and asked him how they were paid. The do make bonuses based on the cruises they book. They really don't get paid on the excursions or hotels. They do work the same way as a TA in helping you rebook if the fare does down. I love working with them! Good luck and have fun!

A few years ago I asked this question on another forum and was answered by a former Princess agent (who appeared quite reliable) that they absolutely are not paid on commission. But I offer this to the contrary: I booked my 2007 cruise on the CB with the PVP I had used for my previous bookings. When I reached her on her direct line she told me she would be leaving Princess soon but as I had sought her out specifically she could get the booking started for me. A few weeks later I noticed my cruise had been completely cancelled and rebooked (same price and guarantee category) and my credit card credited and recharged--presumably so the PVP taking over those open bookings gets the credit. Whether it involved commission or was just the only way the new PVP could do any maintainence on those bookings, I do not know.

Can you please explain. Are you implying that ta's give you a portion of their compensation?

There are two main ways that TAs can give a discount.

One is that many TAs will book "group" space on a voyage and make you part of that group. (You will never even know who the other groyup members are.) When booking a group, the TA is charged less by Princess and can pass all or part of that savings on to you.

The other is that yes, some TAs will give up some of their compensation to get your business.

In the past our gave us dinner at the specialty restaurants, champagne, OBC, etc. She was truly a generous person. I celebrated my 50th birthday last year and she treated all the group lavishly plus arranged a full size birthday cake on my birthday, balcony dinner, Sabatini's, champagne...I seriously don't know how she ever made any money, she was so generous but that was her nature.

Archived