Miami Fast Shuttle

we3k9

my group of 8 booked this service for transfer from a north miami hotel to the port of miami cruise ship pier. there was a mix up with the address I provided, so the driver was late picking us up and it took several phone calls to re direct him to our location

after picking us up and driving away from the hotel and several miles down the highway the driver told us he was instructed to collect an extra $40 from us or not take us.

I agreed to pay the extra money but told them I would be posting reviews online and it would be very bad for business.

after the driver spoke to his boss in spanish on the phone, he told us it was our lucky day and no extra would be charged.

I gave the driver the $40 anyway and told him to keep it. He was nice and It was not his fault I provided the wrong address, I just copy and pasted it from my priceline confirmation email.

I had no idea the address was wrong. Im not familiar with Miami , or North Miami, apparently 2210 Biscayne Blvd and 12210 Biscayne Blvd is very far apart.

I felt the dispatch office should have confirmed the address of the Best Western Windsor Inn before he quoted a price. and sent out a driver.

My family was terrified that we were going to be put out of the van with our luggage on the side of the highway and it was not a very pleasant way to start our cruise vacation.

after picking us up and driving away from the hotel and several miles down the highway the driver told us he was instructed to collect an extra $40 from us or not take us.

I agreed to pay the extra money but told them I would be posting reviews online and it would be very bad for business.

after the driver spoke to his boss in spanish on the phone, he told us it was our lucky day and no extra would be charged.

I gave the driver the $40 anyway and told him to keep it. He was nice and It was not his fault I provided the wrong address.

I don't get it... You gave them the wrong direction and threatened to post a bad review after having been charged extra.

Eventhough they waived the extra charge, you STILL wrote the bad review? Why?

I don't get it... You gave them the wrong direction and threatened to post a bad review after having been charged extra.

Eventhough they waived the extra charge, you STILL wrote the bad review? Why?

I didnt write a bad review, I simply stated the facts, to inform everyone that it is important to verify the address yourself, and I was not bad mouthing anyone. also the scare tactics of pulling over and threatening to put us out on the highway was very unprofessional. how would you feel?

• 7 months later...

Horrible, horrible, horrible service!!!!! I booked my rsvp 1 month in advance. With my trip approaching I called the company 1 week ahead of my pick-up to remind them of my rsvp, the rep said no problem they will be there. Now they should have called or emailed me the customer about my up-coming rsvp with them! Low & behold when I got to my destination no transportation was there!!!! So I called fast-shuttle after a few minutes waiting, thinking maybe they was in some traffic. When I spoke to the guy who always answers the phone he asked me what time was my pick-up and from where! I said what do you mean?????!!!! So I told him, he said let me call you back in 2 mins. Ok, so 5 mins went by! I called the office / cell phone again, he kept putting me to his voicemail! So after 10 mins of waiting to hear from him I had to take more money out of my pocket to get in a cab or I would be late for the ship! Now I'm calling this guy for a refund and he is telling me to take it up with my credit card company he can not give me a refund and hung the phone up on me!!!! This company is horrible in every way!!! DO NOT MAKE ANY RESERVATIONS WITH THEM!!! I would not refer this company to my worst enemy!

• 2 months later...

We made reservations 6 weeks in advance for round trip service from the Miami airport to the Miami Port Authority. We had asked to be picked up at 10:30 am at the Miami air port. When we arrived at 10:15 with luggage we called. "NO PROBLEM" was the reply from Yolando. 1 1/2 hours and many phone calls later they had not arrived and told us many many lies. Coming back we called when we got off the ship. The reply was, "we will be there in 30 minutes". 1 hour and 12 minutes later after many calls to an answering machine we took a taxi to the airport. We could have missed are airplane if we waited any longer. There appears to be one "owner - dispatcher", (Yolando Ramos) who will lie to you while he searches for an available shuttle then puts all calls into an answering machine. This operation should be shut down by the BBB.

I had no idea the address was wrong. Im not familiar with Miami , or North Miami, apparently 2210 Biscayne Blvd and 12210 Biscayne Blvd is very far apart..

Ya think???

Ten miles in Miami traffic can be a thirty minute drive.

This operation should be shut down by the BBB.

The BBB is a marketing company and a scam. They don't shut anyone down.

Edited by BlueHerons

We made reservations 6 weeks in advance for round trip service from the Miami airport to the Miami Port Authority. We had asked to be picked up at 10:30 am at the Miami air port. When we arrived at 10:15 with luggage we called. "NO PROBLEM" was the reply from Yolando. 1 1/2 hours and many phone calls later they had not arrived and told us many many lies. Coming back we called when we got off the ship. The reply was, "we will be there in 30 minutes". 1 hour and 12 minutes later after many calls to an answering machine we took a taxi to the airport. We could have missed are airplane if we waited any longer. There appears to be one "owner - dispatcher", (Yolando Ramos) who will lie to you while he searches for an available shuttle then puts all calls into an answering machine. This operation should be shut down by the BBB.

Good to know. After what you went through on the pickup I would not have used them for the return.

Keith

• 3 months later...

what kind of service did you book? shared or private.

i booked them also and would like to know if i need to cancel them... also if there are any other people who used this service and could help me out here.

thanks,

what kind of service did you book? shared or private.

i booked them also and would like to know if i need to cancel them... also if there are any other people who used this service and could help me out here.

thanks,

Where is your hotel? Usually in Miami a taxi is a better option than a shuttle. :confused:

thank you.. we are arriving at the airport same day.

From the MIA airport to POM is a flat rate cab fare of $24+tip for the cab, not per person like a shuttle charges. Unless you are solo a taxi is almost always a better deal in Miami.

We had a similar experience from the Baymont in Doral to the POM. It took him over an hour to get to my hotel to pick us up. I was about to get on the shuttle to MIA and then pay for a cab to the port. I originally thought it was a fluke and was going to leave it alone since they apologized so much. Now that I have read this post, I too won't be using them again in the future.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Run by a bunch of Cuban cowboys who are rude and on the phone constantly while driving with one hand. When you call at the appointed time they tell you when they can come, never mind missing a cruise or plane. Ready to charge extra for anything. Avoid at all costs.