Total Immersion?

cruzincat50

I find this funny, since just yesterday I posted on another thread about how unHawaiian the Sapphire was compared to the Golden. We really missed Dave and his wife. While the Golden had other type of music through out, several times Dave and his wife were featured, especially in the piazza. On the Sapphire I heard very very little Hawaiian music. We could have been sailing anywhere.

Next trip will be on the Star or wherever Dave will be.

:)Hey, all this Hawaii talk has gotten to us. We booked yesterday on the Golden for the 27th of this month. We were on the Sapphire in Oct - Nov for the 28 day trip from LA and I did miss the Hawaiian experience on the couple of hawaiian islands we stopped at.

Cruisin Oldies

Aloha Kakou,

Great thread with some interesting points of view on both sides. I try to stay neutral like Switzerland, but I certainly think the appropriate music helps to set the mood for the cruise. I am very touched by all the nice things people have to say about us and our music.

For getting in contact with us, for any matter, (including purchasing CDs and other things) you can contact us at: eluamusic@aol.com I'll do my best to answer quickly.

A Hui Hou,

Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.eluaworld.blogspot.com

I am a total immersion fan. I love Hawaiian music. In fact, that is one of the reasons we cancelled our 15 day Hawaiian cruise on the Star last year, instead renting a condo in Hawaii. There is a disturbing trend in Hawaii, however, where you don't hear nearly as much Hawaiian music while shopping et cet. Instead, You hear rap music. That really saddens me. However, I love going to the local shopping centers and seeing all the hula shows, hearing the music. You can't get the same culture here. I love all music, even a little rap, just not in Hawaii:eek:

Archived