Another Elite Question

Luvsprincess

I know this question probably has been asked numerous times, BUT will there ever be another tier?
Who knows? I know that Princess would like to create another tier but the who, how and what is still in the concept stage.

I would post this caveat: be careful what you wish for. Other lines have restructured their loyalty programs and changed who got what to the detriment of the lower tiers. They didn't just add a tier to what was already there and many were really upset.

I would post this caveat: be careful what you wish for. Other lines have restructured their loyalty programs and changed who got what to the detriment of the lower tiers. They didn't just add a tier to what was already there and many were really upset.

Right.

It could always be that the higher tier would have all the current elite benefits and then the elite tier would be stipped of some of them.

Another level would be unnecessary if Princess would simply change from number of cruises to days, grandfathering in present Elites.

This would definitely be the way to go. Far to many people are becoming Elite simply by taking a number of 3-4 day coastal cruises. Doing days would certainly take care of this.

I look at it this way. The real goal is not to make certain passengers very special, but to encourage passengers to return to Princess. So whatever Princess does will probably have this thinking in mind. Another issue is cost. How many Internet mins., mini bar set ups, or laundry loads, tips the cost scale to the negative? Certainly counting the no. cruises vs. no. of days is not equal for all, but is that Princess' goal? I don't know. Another issue is that the Capt. Circle Parties are no longer enjoyable, too many people, and too short, it is hard to get all the parties scheduled. I was told last week that "gold" members are no longer invited to a party, they get a free drink voucher instead.

Princess certainly has a logistics issue here.

We tend to go on longer voyages, and there are lots of Elites on board. But the 1 to 2 week sailings where they attract most new customers have fewer Elites and Platinums. Maybe the issue isn't so out of control as we might think.

This would definitely be the way to go. Far to many people are becoming Elite simply by taking a number of 3-4 day coastal cruises. Doing days would certainly take care of this.
This got me thinking about whether the program would change to all days with the upcoming 3-4 day cruises next year. Up until now, these have mostly been one-off repositioning cruises. Technically, someone could book a B2B2B of 3-4 day cruises as a single and be instantly Platinum after 10 cruise days.

Archived