PreCruise Hotel

Gran1

In general, alot of people book a "fully refundable if cancelled" hotel early . . . just in case a big event in Miami pops up or prices get out of control . . . you just never know. Then you can always look around or potentially Priceline something closer to your date. Plus if they price goes down its easy to just call and get it adjusted or cancel and rebook.

I always book very soon after I know I am going. Then I keep checking rates to see if they drop, both at the hotel I have booked and any others that I consider acceptable alternatives. Its not unusual to see rates drop. I usually just rebook and cancel the original reservation. If I run into trouble doing that I will call and ask that the current rate be applied to my existing reservation.

Last May 2012, we booked two rooms for our upcoming cruise this April 2013. We are sailing around Spring-break and thought rooms could become more expensive as time progressed. By booking so far ahead, I only paid $89 per room with my AAA discount. The same hotel is now up to $159.00 per room. I figured I would lock something in and then keep shopping. I never did find a better deal, so just stuck with what I had originally booked.

Like John in DC and others have said , I too, always make sure that the room is refundable and fully understand their cancellation policy.

Good luck to you.

:)

Archived