Legendary Rhythm & Blues Cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam Jan 2027/13 Review LONG

sun~

As I mentioned, it was properly done in word, then the paragraphs were lost a cut and paste, the I did one edit and it would not allow me to edit again. It is a fault of the design of cc.

A suggestion if there's a next time:

Either, double paragraph when you type in Word. That way, the one space that is lost when you copy will leave one space between paragraphs.

Or, when you copy to CC, preview the post first, and put the spacing back then.

The first suggestion is easier to accomplish.

Apparently they did have it on the snooze cruise the week before, but at $39pp, there were two couples who did a back to back and mentioned it. I have a copy of of the daily explorer for Monday the 21st and it mentions the all inclusive beverage package. Select ships maybe? Certain sailings? I though someone who is a Hal cheerleader could answer that question.

After my friend told me it was $20 cheaper per day the week before I was put off. So were many others. Obviously lots of folk purchased this package rather than have a surprise bar bill at the end.

I will have to look at my print outs, but I doubt any drink (Mojito etc) is under $7... At $59 drinking beer does not save any money. Hummm. I wonder if they also mean $7 after gratuity?

Just found KK's list of the bar prices in Nov on the Westerdam.

Looks like ALOT of great drinks are $6.95.

Wish we has a PRICES (for onbloard drinks etx) sticky LOL.

It would save alot of people alot of trouble, as the search rarely works...

How do we start one?

Apparently they did have it on the snooze cruise the week before, but at $39pp, there were two couples who did a back to back and mentioned it. I have a copy of of the daily explorer for Monday the 21st and it mentions the all inclusive beverage package. Select ships maybe? Certain sailings? I though someone who is a Hal cheerleader could answer that question.

After my friend told me it was $20 cheaper per day the week before I was put off. So were many others. Obviously lots of folk purchased this package rather than have a surprise bar bill at the end.

Not sure if this is just for charters and groups...

In my experience, for groups over 25, (each person has to do it in the group) they have the flat rate package. Think it was $59 PP, for open bars, no limit was listed. (to exclude $10 and up I think it said).

As I mentioned, it was properly done in word, then the paragraphs were lost a cut and paste, the I did one edit and it would not allow me to edit again. It is a fault of the design of cc.

Southern hospitality were outstanding! They played several times, at Hmc, the pool deck, the showroom etc. I had my place front and centre in front of the stage. I got some great shots of the band. I am always astonished to hear JP Soars. The guys together were fantastic. A must see! They were making a new CD with Tab Benoit producing, so keep your eyes out for that!

sorry, i really was teasing about the paragraphs. i've had similar issues myself. :)

my friend got one of victor's cd's with wildroots, a band he is/was in in memphis (i think that's right). the cd is fantastic. and they said something at the show we saw about a cd - we'll be watching for it as well. good stuff!

Not sure if this is just for charters and groups...

In my experience, for groups over 25, (each person has to do it in the group) they have the flat rate package. Think it was $59 PP, for open bars, no limit was listed. (to exclude $10 and up I think it said).

OK, that makes sense. Last year after I arranged the M&G for our rollcall, I received a list of group amenities that we could purchase. I think the drink package was on the list. We did not try ordering anything, so I don't know if they would have allowed it since we weren't actually a booked 'group'. Perhaps sending the list to me was an error.

I know Carnival has their all-you-can-drink package ($39/pp per day for the whole cruise, everyone in the cabin must participate, 15 drinks/day, max $10/drink [Carnival's are prices are higher than HAL]) called "Cheers", but I haven't heard that HAL started doing this. Maybe only for charters?

Never heard of it on a RSVP charter.

Never heard of it on a RSVP charter.

It was the first I had heard of it as well. Keep an eye out for a notification on embark day and the first full day. Those were the only days the package was sold. It is worth it for some folks.

Thanks so much for the detailed review! My dad is a huge Blues fan so I've been eyeing these cruises on his behalf.

We saw Mavis Staples opening for Bonnie Raitt this summer and she was so amazing-could've watched her all night.

My husband and I being experienced regular cruisers mentioned to my Sister how she should look into cruising for a vacation, being a single mature lady. I expounded on the cooking demos, towel animal making demos, sitting by the pool on a warm day as a way to excite her to cruise. My Sister and I are very different in nature and she said that this didn't sound much fun at all. Until she found Blues Cruising and has been on these charters with LRBC for probably 8 years now. At first she started with the annual cruise and now that she has retired she adds the October cruise as well and has always booked her cruises as soon as they come out for reservations. This one was no exception.

Thank you "sun" for the complete and interesting review. You have mentioned everthing my Sister tells me about the happenings on these cruises.

I am happy that she found a cruise that suits her because as I mentioned our differences would have me climbing the walls from all the noise, hub bub and crowds. :eek:

But as you mentioned these cruises are always sold out and actually my Sister says have a wait list!

Many thanks for your review. I have been thinking about booking the Blues Cruise for a few years and your review helped me decide. It seems to be everything promised and more. I am now waitlisted for the October cruise and hope to get on board. A HAL ship and the blues 24/7........it doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks again,

Kate

It was the first I had heard of it as well. Keep an eye out for a notification on embark day and the first full day. Those were the only days the package was sold. It is worth it for some folks.

Thanks very much - I've never noticed it before but will certainly keep my eye out:D

Your review was very interesting - thank you for taking the time to share:D

Many thanks for your review. I have been thinking about booking the Blues Cruise for a few years and your review helped me decide. It seems to be everything promised and more. I am now waitlisted for the October cruise and hope to get on board. A HAL ship and the blues 24/7........it doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks again,

Kate

Check out the lrbc October cruise in FB and on the bluescruise.com chat board. Often folks are looking for roomies or have to sell the cabin due to life circumstances. The pre book was sold out last week, which is very quick for the October cruise. Lots of folks are excited about the line up and unique itinerary.

Best of luck! You will have a blast!

Archived